Chapter 5

Hinata had tried to finish reading the chapter she was on, she really did, but her mind kept playing recent events. She felt a pang of jealously at the fact that Sakura can openly ask Naruto to go eat with him, train, or just be with him, while Hinata was too shy to do anything like that. All these years, she had watched Naruto through the shadows and always cheered him on with a lot of admiration for him, with his determination and never giving up. Hinata had decided that that would be her nindo, her ninja way, too.

She stepped out the house to clear her head, and walked around. Hinata then spotted Naruto and Sakura and quickly hid. She didn't want to be near Naruto again, for she'd just studder and most likely faint, the thought alone made her heart flutter.

"Ok!! Let's go!" Naruto said, but Sakura held on to his collar to prevent him from walking any further.

"Not so fast, we have to go over the mission with the princess," she said and rolled her eyes.

"Fine," he huffed.

"So, we have to escort her, which will take about 5 days, so just stay alert, ok? We'll get this done and no time."

5 days? Oh, Narutos birthday! How could Hinata forget? She didn't know what to get him, would she be too scared to give him his present or even say happy birthday? No, no, she needed to be confident, but how? Instantly her mind went to Ino. That girl was so confident, Hinata wished she was like her. She decided she would go to her for help.

She looked back at them to see the team already leaving, but with someone else. Before she could pinpoint who that was, since she looked familiar, they were gone. Hinata sighed. She couldn't even say goodbye. Who was she kidding? She was so shy, it was starting to be annoying. She got up and began to walk to the Yamanaka residence.

****

Wonder what Hinata will do for Naruto's birthday..?? ^_^ Love you guys xoxo - Simona