Chapter 18

"Naruto.... What exactly happened?" Ino asked him after Hinata abruptly ran out. She did hear Hinata confess, but she didn't think Hinata would already fast forward to that.

He ran his fingers through his hair, wondering what he just heard. Hinata loved him? That couldn't be. What did he see in her? And she'd showed no sign of interest....

Now that he thought about it, Naruto realized how many times she's blushed when she's around him. All this time... He thought and shook his head.

Did she think I was asleep? Is that why she confessed?

"Naruto?"

He looked up at Ino and got up. "Sorry, what?"

"Why was Hinata crying?"

"I... have no idea.." He looked down and was still in shock. Hinata...

"Ino, d-did you hear her too?"

She looked at him sadly. "Yeah, I did not expect that."

"Me neither.... she probably thought I was asleep."

Ino sighed. "I'm going to go after her," she said and left.

"What made her do that?" Naruto asked aloud. He got out of the closet, replaying her words.

"And all I see in you I-is someone who fights for w-what they believe in. You're my h-hero Naruto... and I l-love you."

He rubbed his face with his hand and closed the closet door. While walking out of the hospital, he remembered that he heard Hinata say 'and'.

So there was more? He thought. What do I do?

-------------------------------------------

"Damn it." Sasuke huffed out after Sakura left. This wasn't how it was supposed to be. This was obviously going to be harder than he expected. He didn't want to wait, but he'd have to because she was so stubborn and 'needs time'.

"Sasuke!"

He groaned when he saw who called him. "What do you want now Naruto?"

"I uh.. need some advice."

"Advice? Why are you coming to me for advice?"

"I don't know okay! I just need to talk to someone, how am I suppoosed to react when someone confesses to you? And she probably thought I couldn't hear her," he sighed.

"Wait, confess? To you?" Sasuke tried to hold his laughter.

"It's not funny." Naruto grumbled, "What do I do?" He whined. "Do I tell her I heard her? Or nothing at all? Then she might avoid me for the rest ofmy life, I don't even know I feel about this! Do I even..."

Do I feel something for her? He thought. Flashbacks of her in that dress, their faces close to eachother, and their other moments all rushed back to him, making Naruto blush and look at the ground.

Sasuke shook his head. "Naruto, do you... like Hinata?"

"What?" He snapped his head up. "Why are you asking me that??"

""You became red all of a sudden." Sasuke raised his eyebrow.

"N-no! I mean, ugh I DON'T KNOW!" He screamed, pulling at the ends of his hair.

"Hmph, whatever."

Idiot, Sasuke thought as he saw Naruto kneel and mumble incoherent words, before walking away.

---------------------------------------

Hinata didn't know where she was going, but she didn't care. She had recently stopped crying, but every time she'd think back at it, her eyes would become watery again. She sniffed and stopped walking, realizing she was in the woods. She wanted to keep walking, to just get away, but she was so exhausted from crying. Hinata crouched down against a tree and put her head down, closing her eyes, and exhaled deeply.