Chapter 16

One day has passed since Sasuke poured his heart to Sakura, and she still couldn't get it out of her head. She loved him ever since the day she met him and he detested her, and now all of a sudden he wanted her forgiveness?

But you forgave him, her head said.

Yes, she thought, and I hope I did it for the right reasons.

But don't you love him? Her subconscious battled.

I... I don't know. She replied.

After putting on her regular attire, Sakura headed out of the house to help out at the hospital. She wanted, no needed to get her mind off of Sasuke. She just didn't want to think about him right now. Hearing multiple voices, she turned her head to the sources and her mouth turned to a smile when she saw who they were.

"You guys!" Sakura shouted, waving her arm.

All of them turned around and Naruto and Ino shouted, "Hey Sakura!" while Hinata just gently waved. She walked over to the trio, happy to see her friends again, even if their trip was for 3 days.

"Hey guys! How was the mission?"

"It was a success... though we made that happen by accident? Well, obviously we were trying to make this mission a success, but we technically did that part by accident, because of the way it went, which was by me-"

"Long story short, the princess and the prince are going to live happily together," Ino interrupted.

"Hey! I was getting to the good part!" Naruto frowned. Ino rolled her eyes, and Sakura just beamed at her two friends bickering. She averted her eyes to Hinata, who was quiet, as usual, but had a small smile plastered on her face.

"Well, we're going to report back to Lady Tsunade, so see you later Sakura!" Naruto yelled as he began running to the Hokage Mansion.

"Naruto stop running you baka!" Ino yelled. She sighed. "Sorry Sakura, we gotta go."

"No, it's fine, I'll just catch up with you guys later." Sakura bit her lip, contemplating whether or not to tell Ino about her encounter with the Uchiha. She watched as the girls tried to catch up with Naruto, and suddenly remembered she was heading to the hospital, and began taking her feet to that direction.

----------------------------------------

"So?"

Hinata looked at Ino and raised her brows. "So, what?"

"Don't you 'so what' me," Ino frowned, and Hinata just blinked her eyes at the blonde. "Kidding," she said.

"Anyway, what was up with you and Naruto earlier huh?" She smirked and nudged Hinata, who blushed and tucked her lips in, before speaking.

"I-it was nothing, and y-you know it!" She tried to raise her voice, but failed terribly.

"Oh come on! Stop it already Hinata, why can't you accept the fact that he's into you! The guy you loved for sooooo long," she stretched, "is finally returning the feelings back?"

"You don't know if that's true..." She tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"Hinata," Ino sighed and stopped her by putting her hands on her shoulders. "Why can everyone else, except you, see that you are beautiful?" Ino looked at her friend sadly. Hinata was so pretty; Ino wished she herself would see that.

"Naru-" Ino began to call out but stopped when he wasn't within her field of vision. "Wait, was he still running this whole time?" She turned to Hinata. "We will continue this discussion later," she pointed at Hinata, who meekly nodded.