Chapter Nine

Amilyse lay in the bed of her quarters, deep in sleep, her lips curved into a smile. She was dreaming.

*dream*

"Ami you must tell me about my son, is he a strong king? A good leader?" Oropher was running his fingers through her hair as she sat humming, she paused and sighed "He is a strong king, a good leader as well... he does everything for his people. But he is cold, he doesn't let anyone in. He doesn't let anyone see he is hurting. I know he is"

A moment of silence passed between them both before Oropher spoke "He has always been that way, only sometimes he has enough to be happy for. He was the same when he lost his mother. He wouldn't leave his room for months. Things changed when I decided to train him in combat. He needs something to occupy his mind. It's no easy task, even his wife could not keep him from his coldness" Oropher spoke with pain, he wanted happiness for his son, he wanted his son to live a full life, one he would never think was wasted.
"I will try to help Ori, for you, but he does not seem fond of me..." 

*dream end*

Amilyse woke in the dull room she would now call home, she must do something to brighten the place at some point, maybe she would do so today if she wasn't too busy. There was a knock on the door, loud and urgent. Amilyse shot up and opened the door, dressed only in her night slip. 
"Miss, this bird arrived at the gate this morning with a letter for you." the poor messenger was getting nipped at through his hair and ear by Hazel, Mithril's owl. "Oh you silly bird calm down" Ami sent a charm it's way and calmed the bird, it's feathers smoothing down and it starting to coo happily. "Thank you Miss." he smiled, Amilyse took the bird on her arm and it perched on her shoulder, thanking the elf she closed her door, putting the letter on the table in her room, setting Hazel down on the end of her bed frame. 

Taking a seat at her table she opened the letter that had her name written in wonderful calligraphy on the front.

Amilyse, Rivendell is so boring without you here, everyone is so quiet. I miss you causing a hassle climbing the tree's. I can tell Elrond does too, he asked me to see if you had enough books for reference on healing? If not I shall send some with Hazel. What is it like in the Greenwood? Is Thranduil cruel to you? Do you miss it here?

Yours, Mithril

Amilyse smiled and her eyes watered, she already missed her good friend, she would write to him as soon as she asked Thranduil about the books she required, standing up she slipped a slik robe over her shoulders and walked out the door to her room, making her way down the hall. 
I was now she realised she had no idea where she was going? How would she find Thranduil. Hopefully she would wander around long enough to find him or a library. 

She'd walked around many corners and wandered down a few halls before she stumbled upon an open door with books in the room. Walking in she found shelves upon shelves of books. Reading through the titles she found a section with a few books on health but none on healing. Drat. She did find one about the history of the Greenwood and deiced to take that one back to her room and read it. Leaving the library she bumped into a guard who immediately looked at her and grabbed her arm "The king is looking for you. Come." he started pulling her back towards her room, passing it and continuing even further, Amilyse's arm began to sting where he gripped it, dragging her. Which was completely unnecessary since she would walk beside him willingly. The way he looked at her was a look of disgust. Probably due to the fact she was so obviously different. She wasn't a silvan or sindar elf, he knew that, and it was enough for him to find her disgusting. Ami had heard a lot about the elves of the Greenwood being rude, she was now experiencing it first hand. Walking into a room that was similar to an office, she saw the Kinds head up from a table full of paperwork that he stood around with some assistants.