Chapter One

The warm sun shone through the canopy of the Greenwood. Amillyse let the warmth glow against her moon pale skin, the Rays reflecting like the light of stars. The green mossy grass beneath her bare feet tickled her soles as her toes wiggled in the dirt. This was where Amillyse was most at peace, in the solitude of the forest, where she could be her true self. Amillyse was not like those who called the Greenwood their home, she was only half of what they were, half elf.

Amillyse's mother was a beautiful elf of Doriath, her grandfather was Thingol's most trusted adviser. Her father, however, was a Fae. He was not of high status or great wealth. Amillyse's mother and father met in Rivendell at the fall festival, under the harvest moon. Their love was deep and undying even through their demise, the two meeting their fate in an ambush of orcs when Amillyse was only a teen. Since then, Amillyse has preferred solitude, to live amongst the birds and deer of the Greenwood, only talking to people when she was unable to avoid their path.

It has been almost a century since her parents death, it still burns a deep pain, not a day passes without a few tears.

In her life, she had grown so fond of living amongst the animals, that Amillyse could hardly see herself ever living amongst the elves of Greenwood, however their was one elf who she spoke to. Remembering so fondly the day they met, and how he gave her no choice but to talk to him.

                                                             {+} {+} {+} {+} {+} 

Amillyse was sat by the river bed, it had been a week since her parents left to get supplies, they never took this long. She knew something was wrong, but could not bring herself to go search for them, for fear that her thoughts were true. They were gone. There had been search groups, guards looking around the forest for days now, that could only mean they were looking for orcs or some other dark creatures.

Determined to keep living the way her parents had raised her, Amillyse had been hiding from the groups, fearing they would force her to leave with them.

"Young Elleth(female elf), are you lost?" A strong voice spoke behind her. She turned to see who had found her, only to turn to find a tall silver haired elf, blue eyes so light they shine like stars. He was wearing a green robe with gold accents and trim. His face was structured and chiseled, almost like marble. The elf's features softened at the sight of the young girl. "You're not just an elf are you... You're a Fae. You must be the daughter of the two we found slain by the pack of orcs..." He thought aloud.

Amillyse stayed silent, though tears streamed down her cheeks at the confirmation of her parents demise. A soft sigh left the ellon's (male elf) lips as he sat down on the mossy grass and leaned his back against the nearby tree.

"You know, I have a son about your age..." He spoke softly, looking at the river for a brief moment. Amillyse looked over his features, back to his hair, a silver circlet adorned his head.
A smirk crossed his lips as he saw her gaze linger on the gem stone that was in the centre of the circlet. He reached up and removed the crown. "Do you want to try it on?" He asked with a smile, she blushed a soft pink and moved closer to him. He placed it on her head, it was a little bit too big, but none the less she sparkled. "What's your name?" He asked, watching her play with her hair. "Amillyse" her soft voice spoke for the first time since her parents left. "Princess Amillyse... What a pretty name" another blush covered her cheeks as she peaked into the river to see her reflection. "I'm Oropher... Don't worry, I won't let the guards find you"

Oropher knew this young girl would not be safe if she was found. Fae's were hunted creatures, but in the woods of his realm, he could keep an eye on her and make sure she was safe.

(Thanks for reading, vote, comment if you enjoy this chapter. More will be up soon xx thanks again. )