This Is NOT OKKK

Sigh.

Guys, what let me ask a favor of you. Check your calendars for me. Mine says it's 2017 but that can't be right. Just look at thus article. I don't think we're in 2017, and if we are, I don't think THEY'RE in 2017 then. Something isn't adding up here. Have a read:

KKK rally in Virginia leads to rival protests and clashes

A march by supporters of the white supremacist Ku Klux Klan (KKK) group in the US state of Virginia has been met by hundreds of rival demonstrators.

Dozens of KKK members took part in an authorised march to protest at the planned removal of a statue of General Robert E Lee from Charlottesville.

(General Lee oversaw the pro-slavery Confederate forces in the US civil war)

The marchers, some carrying Confederate flags, were separated from rival groups by metal barricades and armed police.

The KKK supporters were escorted to and from the rally on Saturday by police.

They were greeted in the university town by large crowds chanting "shame" and "racists go home," while carrying Black Lives Matter signs and others carrying placards saying “KKK, sashay away,” and “Not OKKK," shortly after they had gathered at Justice Park.

"Police were deployed to secure access to the park and ensure the safety of all involved," a Virginia State Police spokeswoman said.

Police declared the counter-protests "unlawful" and used tear gas to disperse the crowds. Several people were arrested, local media report.

Defending the Confederate flag and monuments that recall the era of slavery have become a rallying cause for both old and new branches of the far right in the US.

Some observers argue that US President Donald Trump's election to the White House has re-energised the far right movement across the United States.

In May, a torch-lit rally against the removal of Confederate monuments in Virginia was condemned by a local mayor. More than 100 people attended a counter-protest the following night.

A rally in February 2016 ended with the arrests of 13 people after a violent brawl between members of the KKK and rival demonstrators resulted in a number of stabbings in Anaheim, California.

---------

Ahem. Ahemhemhem.... *puts on calm, mature, and proper demeanor before exploding in rage*

DUDE ARE YOU FREAKN KIDDING ME?!!

The counterprotesters got arrested? The police protected the racists? THE KKK IS A FREAKN TERRORIST ORGANIZATION! Like in the realest sense.

This isn't just some ugly group of racists with dumb views we disagree with. They are legit terrorists! The organization was founded to terrorize and oppress African-Americans. They were designed to intimidate, threaten, and murder people of color for a political cause. This isn't just some lone-wolf actions committed by a few followers who or something. The entire organization was made to rally for lynching people, for burning houses and churches, for murdering innocent men, women, and children simply for having dark skin!

Their entire existence is of the most exteme of hate and terror. When African-American people were officially given certain legal rights from the government, the KKK began rallying to threaten and intimidate them away from taking those rights. Going to vote? You'll find a gang of these hooded thugs lounging around with their guns watching you, stalking you. Burning crosses in your yard, snatching up your kids and relatives to murder and hang. For goodness sake, these terrorists murdered African-American men for even daring to look at a white woman! Or for having a drink of water from the wrong fountain (for those who don't know, segregation was a huge thing in America and people of color were forced to use subpar facilities like crappy bathrooms, broken up and rusty water fountains, back entrances for movie theaters, back of the bus seats, etc etc while white people got the better stuff and this was all govt endorsed). Like, these thugs burned homes and houses of worship which were supposedly in the same religion as them, but oh goodness they had a little melanin and that means it's only proper to freakn murder and oppress them!