Save Mom, Do Not Collect $200, Go Directly To Jail

An 18-year-old high school football player has been charged with killing his mother's abusive ex-boyfriend, police said.

Luis Moux fatally choked his mother's 43-year-old attacker, Stanley Washington, when he showed up at her University Avenue apartment in the Bronx and began fighting with her around 4:30 a.m. Monday.

Washington first started squabbling with Moux's mother, Lorena Sesma, 37, in the hallway of the building before following the woman inside the apartment, where he began beating her, police said.

Luis Moux, who heard the commotion from his bedroom, came running to his mother's aid and saw Washington on top of her.

The teen then wrapped his arm around Washington's neck as he tried to pull the brute off his mother.

At some point, Washington lost consciousnesses and later died.

Police said it's not clear if Moux choked the man only while trying to pull Washington off his mom or if he continued choking him afterward.

Moux was released on $50,000 bail after a court appearance in The Bronx Tuesday.

He is charged with fatally choking his mother's attacker at their Bronx apartment.

Police said Washington had a long criminal history that includes 26 prior arrests.

Police had also been by the apartment several times in the past to sort out domestic disputes between Washington and his ex.

Luis Moux attends high school at Grand Street Campus in Brooklyn, according to his Facebook page. Several photos on Moux's Facebook page show the teen wearing a Grand Street Campus football jersey.

------
So the scumbag was a known criminal, abuser, and had had several run-ins with the police, and yet they charge this high school kid for saving his mom from this monster? Really? REALLY?