The First Mission

Either Alexis was incredibly unlucky, or fate was playing a joke on her. 

Her mentor for her first few missions was going to be Batman.

I mean, how unlucky could she possibly get?! Of course if Alfred had kept his promise then Batman wouldn't know her identity, but seriously! Could this really be any more ironic?

Currently she was flying between the Batjet, on her right and Wonder Woman on her left. The Amazon had taken quite the liking to her and had even volunteered to help Batman oversee her first missions and training. 

Not that she needed babysitters, but apparently every recruit went through this for a month. Protocol was meant for protection, at least that's what Superman assured her of. In reality she just thought he was too afraid of Batman not to follow the protocol.

Her comm felt incredibly strange in her ear and she had the greatest urge to adjust it, but apparently that would throw off the frequency or something. She hadn't really been paying attention at the time, considering the amount of famous heroes that were sizing her up.

" Are you nervous about your first mission with us?" Wonder Woman asked gently.

She'd mistaken Alexis's fidgeting for nerves. I truth it was the wind being annoying, but she wasn't about to tell one of her personal idols that.

" I wouldn't call it nervous, I've been on plenty of dangerous missions before, it's just different when you're fighting beside your personal heroes," Alexis admitted, turning to face Wonder Woman.

The Amazon looked amused by her comment, but also touched at what it implied.

" I am touched that you think so highly of us, but we are just people like you, be at ease, Elementum, it will all feel natural when the fighting begins," The more senior hero assured her

Alexis sent her a warm grin, her jittery nerves slightly abated. 

Their mission was to respond to a distress call from Star Labs. Green Arrow was on route as well, since it was in Starling City, but he and Red Arrow were dealing with a disturbance downtown. It would take them a while before they could get there and respond to the call.

" Wonder Woman. Elementum. Star Labs is in sight, scanners are showing at least eighteen armed men on the ground, with one confirmed villain present, Count Vertigo," Batman combed, his voice still as grave as ever.

It didn't help that she knew her boss was under that mask.

" Elementum and I will deal with the armed men, I know you have the equipment to deal with Vertigo," Wonder Woman designated.

Elementum just nodded her consent to the plan, her yellow eyes already starting to shift color, revealing bright blue as she sensed the sheer amount of water under Star Labs. Wonder Woman noticed the change and raised an eyebrow at her in a silent question.

" My eye color changes when there's a large amount of one element present," She explained simply.

The two sighted Star Labs and streaked ahead of the Batjet, Alexis making sure she never got ahead of Wonder Wonder Woman, figuring it would be disrespectful. An approving nod from the Amazon beside her agreed with that theory. It would be smarter to attack at the same time.

She could see why the distress call had been activated. 

Smoke curled lazily in to the air from the upper levels as scientists streamed out of the doors quickly, not as many as were in the building, clearly some were trapped or being held hostage.

Trapped seemed to be the answer, as hr eyes color flickered dark grey for a moment. Fire was present in a large quantity as it appeared. 

" Wonder Woman. There's a fire raging in the top two levels, it's trapping the scientists. I may need to detour from the plan and deal with that," Elementum informed.