Chapter 18

I woke up in the dormitory on one of the top bunks. My parents said I had to sleep in the dormitory for at least four days, then I could go back to our apartment. I quickly get up and go to my apartment so I can change. 

I feel somewhat bad for the transfers because they can't really go anywhere since they don't know the place like I do. 

When I get to our apartment, I unlock the door and go into my room. Quickly change and check the time. I have about forty- five minutes until we have to be in the training room. 

I go to the dining hall to get something to eat. Grabbing a few pancakes, I sit down at my table. There are only a few people in here, like those who work out by the fence. There are two shifts out there, one during the day and one night shift.

No one sits at my table because all of my friends and family are all asleep. Even my parents.

Until someone sits down at my table with me. Its Austin.

"Morning." I say looking up at him. He looks incredibly tired and hungry. "Did you get enough sleep last night? You look like you are about to pass out"

"Yeah, I guess. All of the others kept talking or whatever so I couldn't sleep, then someone decided to get in the bed above mine. They were really late for going to sleep." he says eating an apple.

"Wait, did they say night to you?" I ask.

"Yeah how'd you know? I thought you were in your own bed." he says.

"Oh, well my parents said I have to sleep at least four days in the dormitory and you are my bunk mate." 

"Cool, so three days to go." 

"Yep."

We sit in silence for a little longer before some of the initiates start to walk through the door. They are Dauntless-born. There is only one transfer up. 

"Hey Ash, what's the Stiff doing here?" Mason asks teasing him a little.

"Oh be nice Mason, besides we let you sit here." I say.

He replies to this by sticking his tongue out at me. I answer by doing the same thing.

"Oh you two, stop acting like babies." Katlyn says hitting us both. We look at each other and then stick out tongues out at her.

She takes two pieces off of her waffle that's coated in syrup and throws it at us. I catch it in my mouth but Mason just missed it and its sticking to his nose.

We all laugh, even Austin. 

"Well, I'm going to go get some new clothes. I need another pair of combat boots." I say getting up.

"I'll come with you." Austin says.

"Okay" I say shrugging. He has been hanging ola round me for a while bit I'm completely fine with it. I like his company.

We throw our food away and walk to the Pit.

"So why did you want to come with me?" I ask

"Because I don't really want to go back to the dormitory or stay with a whole bunch of people I don't know." he says.

"Well, you don't really know me." 

"Yes, but I know more about you than anyone in this whole compound." 

"True."

When we get into the Pit, I go to my favorite store to get some combat boots.

"Hey Ash, how's it going."asks Tori.