Chapter 16

"Hey, so you're from Abnegation?" I ask after most of the initiates come down from the roof. 

"Yeah, and you are from here. " he says. The way he said it made it sound more like a question than a statement. 

"Yep" I reply looking over at him with a smile on my face. It's nice to feel proud of your faction.

"Those somersaults you did were pretty good, I just laid there like an idiot." he says glancing at all of the odd looking faces around us. They are most likely crowding around us because of me.

"Well you were in shock and scared. I don't blame you. I was like that the first time I did that." I admit in a completely casual way.

His facial expressions seemed to change from curiosity to shock. "You've done this before?"

"Yeah. The first time I did that was when I was about nine or ten. And before you say that's abuse or something, I wanted to do that. And why I wanted to do that was to show that even at a young age, I can be brave." I explain.

Suddenly I feel someone shove me from behind and I land on my dad's arms. He is giving a death glare to someone. I turn around and see that Erudite. Oh I'm going to kill him. I get out of my dad's arms and stand there glaring at him. 

"Whoops. I'm sorry I didn't see you there." he says with sarcasm written all over it.

"Oh come on Jack, leave her alone." Austin says moving between me and... Jack.

"And who is going to stop me? A Stiff?" he says punching Austin the in the eye and then the jaw. 

I look up at my parents when I see Austin double over in pain. With pleading eyes, I beg them silently to let me punch him. They both nod. When they heard about what happened on the train after the aptitude test, they said that I was allowed to beat him up.

I turn back to Jack with a happy smile and throw my fist straight into his gut. He bends over in pain because he wasn't ready for the blow. I quickly bring my fist straight up and slam it into his jaw. He wobbles uneasily on his feet until I kick him in his hip which sends him off of the platform and onto the ground.

I smirk happily.

"Oh come on Ash. I just brought him back from infirmary. Do I have to bring him back." whines Zeke.

"Again?" my mom and dad say at the same time.

"I'll tell you tonight." I say.

"Oh please. Four I'll tell you at dinner. I doubt she'll tell you" Zeke says hauling Jack onto his shoulder again.

I smile towards them turn around to walk down the platform but run into someone. 

"Ouch! I'm sorry." I say quickly.

"It's okay. I don't need my back anyways." I look up and see Austin standing over me. "Come on, we got to get going."

"Okay, but I already know the whole drill." I say. "Oh and I'm sorry about your eye."

"No problem" he says pushing it away like it never happened.

We start to walk with the group down a dark tunnel.