Chapter 7

I suddenly hear a thunder of footsteps and my name being called. I open my eyes, only to realize that it is raining and I am soaked.

The noises of footsteps grow closer as I jump off of the net.

"Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Don't worry. I'm right here." I yell at the people looking for me.

All of the noise quickly stops and the only sound being made is the rain hitting the ground.

"I'm in here." I yell again. They must have thought they heard me then needed to confirm their thoughts.

They all run in.

"OH MY GOD! THANK GOODNESS WE FOUND YOU!" Katlyn screams pulling me into an embrace.

"Yeah. I've been here ever since school ended. Did you guys see anyone push me off of the train?" I ask

"Yeah he was a Erudite. That boy's got nerves to push you off a moving train." James says.

"Yeah. And I bet he's joining Dauntless in a few weeks." I say.

Everyone, even my parents, give me questioning looks. God, my parents train half of the initiates and they can't remember.

"Choosing Ceremony..." I say very slowly so everyone hears each letter.

"Oh" they all say at different pitches. Its kind of funny when I'm not the dumb one here.

"Yeah. You know. That event that is the most important event for a 16 year old." I say like I'm talking to babies.

"Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. We get it Ash. Its that time where you show up all of the initiates but also become their best friends" Carter says.

"Are you sure I didn't go too fast." I say with a fake questioning look.

Half of them stick their tongues out and the others give me glares. I giggle.

" So I'm gonna go get food then bed." I say getting down from the platform.

I get some food and eat it on my way to our apartment. I get in and see my parents sitting on the couch watching some movie.

"Night guys." I say as I walk into my room.

"Night" they say.

I crawl into bed and fall asleep right away. Today was very eventful and in a week or two, it will be hectic.