6

2 months later

2 months later

Somehow over the past 8 weeks, Harry and I have managed to maintain a professional relationship. I wasn't exactly sure how we've spent days together and never make any eye contact, never exchange words while actually looking at each other. It all managed to blow my mind. How we went from each other's everything to complete strangers.

The tour bus was coming in today, it took a lot of thinking on what to do, but now it's here and I was ready to surprise him. I went up behind him while he sat on a stood, strumming the guitar, humming to himself. I placed my hands on his shoulders, sending him a smile. He instantly pulled away, standing up and setting the guitar down.

"The bus is here." I said, intertwining my fingers behind my back.

Mitch wrapped a bandanna around his eyes as he directed him outside, nearly tripping a few times. He pulled the blindfold from his eyes, Harry's mouth twitching into a smile as he stared at the bus.

"You like it?" I asked quietly, glancing from him to the bus.

"It's-wow, it's beautiful." He said, sighing.

It was the same shade of pink as his album, the cover on one side. He seemed pleased with it.

The driver came from the from, dangling the keys. "Want to take it for a spin?"

Mitch smiled before running to the bus, disappearing inside. I started to walk back inside but someone grabbed my hand, turning me around.

"Come on, you're coming too." Harry grinned before pulling me into the bus.

I smiled as he danced with Mitch, enjoying the bus. The driver had been driving around for a while now and Harry was sitting in the lounge, sunglasses over his eyes as he probably fell asleep.

I leaned against the doorway as he laid still. "So, you like the bus?"

He turned and looked at me. "It's amazing."

"I wasn't sure what exactly you wanted, I couldn't decide whether or not to go simple or if you'd like her al-"

"Madeline, it's perfect." He cut me off, sending me a smile.

I smiled, sitting down on the bean bag. "You know, you can call me Ellie."

He shrugged, looking back out the window. It didn't matter whether or not we were the way we used to be, but we were slowly working towards friendship, and for right now, that was okay.

"Your album drops tomorrow, how are you feeling?" I asked him, sinking into the bag.

He turned to glance at me again before smiling softly. "I'm nervous in some sort, I mean, it's me. Not One Direction or Modest writing my songs anymore, it's all me."

I nodded. "I understand that."

"There are so many songs on that album inspired by you." He said not looking at me.

I turned to look at him. "What?"

"The reason I started an album is because so many songs were about you."

"Harry-"

"I've always been good at addressing my feelings, I always know how I feel, but when I saw you walk through that door, I-I didn't," he sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I was angry, I was upset, I was happy, I had all of these feelings all because of you."

"I never-"

"Why did you leave 2 years ago?" He sat up, pushing his sunglasses on his head.

"I had another tour-"

He started to shake his head. "You left everyone, not one single phone call, leaving me standing alone for 2 years, Ellie, why?"

"Because I-"

"We're back, guys." The driver said as I jumped from my seat, getting off the bus as quickly as possible.

Harry's POV

Watching her everyday, watching her prance around me, trying anything not to be around me, it was like being tortured.

She hardly ever looked around me, more the less when she touched me, it was like she was afraid to. Like every move would break me.

Watching her everyday, I couldn't take my eyes off her. When she was looking, I didn't glance at her. But when she was scribbling things in her notepad, things she needed to do, or things she needed to remember, I would watch her take her bottom lip in her mouth, her brows furrowing as she wrote.

A piece of hair fell in front of her face and I resisted the urge to push it behind her ear. I hate her but I love her so much. I hate what she did to me. I hated the way she made me feel. She walks back into my life after two years of leaving me in the dust, heartbroken, and all I want to do is take her in my arms and make up for lost time.

After confronting her on the bus, she ran out before she could even finish her sentence. The night before she left, I wanted to tell her that I loved her. There was something different about that night, it wasn't the usual quickie, it was slow and passionate and the only thing that was missing was the I love you that I craved to tell her so bad.

It was a mistake letting her her walk out those doors, but it was also a mistake letting her back in.

But right now, I needed some answers. I needed to know why she left that day, I needed to know if she really loved me too.

I walked up to Mitch, raising my eyebrows. "Where'd Madeline go?"

He turned to me, putting a hand on my shoulder. "Dude, she just quit."