8

Harry's POV

Harry's POV

I wiped my lip as I bumped into someone on the way out of Madeline's apartment. 

"I used to think you were a musical god," the guy from her apartment said to me. "But you're just another asshole. You don't deserve her."

"And you do?" I asked, meeting his eyes.

He shook his head before turning towards her apartment. I got back into the car, avoiding the paparazzi as I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

"Is she coming back?" Jeff asked me.

I shrugged, sinking into the seat. "I don't know."

***

I was in the studio, listening to the final tracks for the album when she walked in. She had a beanie over her hair, her eyes glued to the ground, but I knew she had seen me.

"Madeline," I said, stopping in front of her. "You came back."

"Yeah," she mumbled, not looking at me. "For the tour."

She went around me, starting to leave when I caught her wrist, stopping her. "Hey, I'm about to head out to get some tea, you wa-"

"I have a lot to do here, thank you." She replied before quickly scurrying away.

I sighed, running a hand through my hair before following Mitch out of the studio and to his car, where we went out for tea.

Madeline's POV

I decided to take my work home that night instead of spending the day with Harry, finding Ben sitting in my living room, two beers in his hand.

"I figured you'd be coming home early," he said, handing me a beer. "Here you go."

I took a sip from the bottle before smiling softly at him. "Thank you, Ben."

An hour or two later, I had only finished two but Ben was wasted. I was about to settle down and try to get some sleep, but he refused to leave.

"C'mon, Ben, I've got stuff to do tomorrow, I need to get to sleep." I said, pulling his arm.

He snatched his arm away. "What are you gonna invite Harry over?"

"What?" I asked him, shoving him towards the door.

"Your little fuck buddy? What does he have that I don't?" he said, shoving me back. "He treated you like shit, and I was here to pick up the pieces but that wasn't good enough for you."

I took a step back as he lashed out, screaming about something that I couldn't even comprehend. 

"I gave you a lot, I tried to be more than just whatever this was, but something was always there, blocking you from me," he shouted, his face hovering in front of mine. "It was him, wasn't it?"