19

Madeline's POV

Madeline's POV

I knew the moment someone knocked on the door that tonight was too good to be true. When Harry and I were finally together as officially one, I knew that something bad was bound to happen.

Ben stood in front of the two of us, a knife in one hand, the key card to our room in the other. It was obvious he had been drinking, stumbling around, his eyes flickering between the two of us.

"Oh, you two getting it on? I apologize for interrupting," he grinned as Harry lifted his hands, shifting in front of me. "There's just something that's been going on up here." He touched his temple.

"Ben, please, put the knife down." Harry said lowly.

"Things were so good before you showed back up," he said, pointing a finger at Harry. "Madeline and I, we were going good, it just started off as sex, but I knew, I knew something was different with her. I thought she wanted to take it slow, but it was just you."

I reached for my phone on the desk, dialing security's number. 

"I loved her so much, I love her, I love you!" Ben said, turning to face me as I tucked the phone under the covers. "I gave all of myself to you, but that wasn't enough, it wasn't enough because she didn't love me the way she loves you."

"Ben, please, just put the knife down," I said, wrapping the sheet around my body as I stood from the bed. "Please, you don't want to hurt us."

I was absolutely stricken with fear, but I couldn't let him hurt Harry. I couldn't let him hurt us. I had to play along with his fantasy, that was the only way to get that knife from him and pray for security to come.

I looked at Harry as he started to shake his head. "Madeline.."

"Ben, can you look at me, please?" I asked softly as he turned and looked at me, tears in his eyes.

"Ellie, why did you go with him? Why didn't you stay with me?" 

"Ben, it's my job to work with him," I said, my hands shaking as I reached out to him. "I was starting to fall in love with you, Ben, Harry was the one I used to get you off my mind."

He raised his eyebrows, I smiled starting to pull at his lips. "Really?"

I nodded, standing in front of him. "I love you, Ben."

He sighed, his shoulder sagging as leaned to kiss me. I turned my head quickly as his lips touched my cheek. "Can I have the knife, Ben?"

"Only if you kiss me." He pouted as I trembled in front of him.

"You have to give me the knife first." I pulled a smile, reaching for the knife.

I glanced at Harry, willing him to go with my eyes. He shook his head as he took a step forward.

"Why do you need the knife? Why are you looking at him?" He asked as he snatched the knife from my grip, cutting my hand.

I hissed as I stepped back, bumping into Harry. 

"You're lying!" He said as he suddenly lunged forward, the knife aiming for me. Right when I turned, security burst through the door, grabbing Ben.

They tackled him, getting the knife from his hands as I turned into Harry, sobbing into his chest.

"You're a liar! You lied to me!" Ben cried. "You're going to regret this!"

Harry's hand went to my hair, holding my tightly as they took Ben from the room. I was shaking as Harry held me tightly, wrapping my hands around mine.

"Calm down, Ellie," he whispered softly. "Breathe."

3 hours later

I laid in bed, Harry's arms around me, the weight of the day crashing down on me. It had been silent since we got back from the police station, giving our statement and being investigated.

There were no words being exchanged between the two of us as we held tightly onto each other.

"I'm sorry that this happened to us, Harry, I'm so sorry." I said softly, my fingers running over his bare abdomen.

"No, baby, no," he sat up, taking my face in his hands. "You were so brave, Ellie, you are so strong."

"I just want us to be together and to be safe, but we can't even have that," I said to him. "And it's my fault."

"No, there was no way you could have predicted that, El, you protected us," Harry said softly, looking into my eyes. "I hate myself for not protecting you, but you don't need me to protect you, you can protect yourself. You're so strong, Ellie."

"I love you, Ellie," he whispered. "I promise to be here for you through everything."

"You're too good to me, H," I said to him. "I love you too."

"The media's gonna go crazy tomorrow," I continued to say. "It's gonna be a hell storm, Harry."

"Maybe we can postpone the tour." Harry suggested.

"Maybe just hold me for tonight?" I said, snuggling into his chest, his heart beating against my ear.

"Anything you want, love."