13

"What?" Harry said, pushing off the wall, coming up beside me

"We could easily find someone better to replace you, so the tour doesn't fault." They assure me.

"Someone better?" Harry scoffed. "There is no one better!"

"We think it would be best."

"I don't care what you think is best," Harry said for me. "She's the best tour manager out there, and she's a great friend to me and the crew, there's no one better. I'll tweet something to calm them down, but she's not leaving."

"Mr. Styles, with all due respect, I think that this is between Miss Young and-"

"This is my tour, and if she's not going to manage it, then I quit."

I turned to look at him as I continued to be shocked. He glanced at me before turning back to management.

"Mr. Styles-"

"That's it, tour with her or no tour at all." He said, raising his hands. 

"All right, fine," they surrendered. "Forget this ever happened."

I followed Harry from the room and back onto the bus, where I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him into a tight hug. 

He chuckled before hugging me back, his arms around my torso, his head resting on my shoulder. "Thank you, thank you, thank you."

He pulled back and smiled. "You don't deserve whatever they were going to do to you."

"You're an angel, H." I smiled, kissing his cheek before leaving him to himself.

About half an hour later, apologies started blowing up on my Twitter. People were apologizing and they were fighting off the other's that were still being cruel. I clicked on Harry's name, seeing the tweet he sent out.

we sent out love, not hate. ellie is my best friend and the sweetest person I know, please spread love!

"Thank you, Harry." I said, peering around the corner.

He looked up and met my eyes, a smile forming on his lips, those damn dimples popping out. 

"You're welcome, El."

***

Tonight, Harry was performing at a small arena. Rather a bar, but it didn't change anything about my job. I wouldn't be backstage this time, I'd be right out in the open. In the audience.

Over the past couple days, Twitter had calmed down a bit. People were sending nice messages and taking up for me, but also threads had come forward about Harry and I's secret relationship.

I mean, they're a little late, but they have some good evidence. It's funny to watch them scramble through fan videos after shows to find me. 

I was sitting to the side of the arena, a single walkie talkie in my back pocket as someone handed me a drink. 

"I didn't order this-"

"It's from him." The waitress said, pointing at Harry.

I chuckled, rolling my eyes at him as he winked at me. No matter how hard I tried, he was always going to be there for me, and he was going to be my best friend. I couldn't ignore him nor stay mad at him because it's nearly impossible.

He performed a couple songs from the album, and I was still awestruck. He was just beautiful. I wanted him to wrap his arms around me and kiss me. I want to feel his warm lips on my neck. The chill of rings on my warm skin. 

I smiled again, pushing the thoughts from my head as I took a sip. We got about mid way through when Harry called on a girl in the audience, who had her hand raised.

"Are you and Madeline dating?" She asked as Harry started to smile.

"No, we're not," he chuckled, looking over to me. "She's a friend."

I raised my glass, smiling back at him. One more piece they can add to their Hadeline thread. 

***

"Oh, shut up!" I laughed at Harry, shoving his knee with my hand. "You're the one that's gotta Twitter blowing up over our ship!"

"What?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Our ship?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. "I forgot how much you actually stray away from social media."

"Sorry, love, but what's a ship?"

"I'm a year older than you and I still know what it is," I laughed at him. "It's like fans wanting us to be in a romantic relationship, our ship name is Hadeline."

"Little do they know." He smirked, leaning to look at me.

"Little do they know that there is nothing going on because we are just friends." I smiled, glancing away from him.

He pouted, his face pressing into my shoulder. 

"I forgot how annoying you are." I chuckled, starting to get up.

He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling my back down. I laughed loudly as he buried his face in my neck, blowing raspberries. 

I pulled my phone from my pocket at his request, showing him the threads of our "relationship."

"Wait, that's from a super long time ago." He said, pointing to when I blew a kiss at Harry on the OTRA tour.

"They'd dig back to my childhood to find proof that we'd be together." I joked as his hair brushed against my chin.

He groaned, closing his eyes as his head fell on my lap. 

"Why are you so clingy?" I asked as my fingers slipped into his hair.

He shrugged, humming as I played with his hair. He was up late last night with the band, playing with some new music so he was lucky we were staying another night here.

"Why don't we get to the hotel?" I asked, sighing as I closed my eyes as well.

"Mhmm." He agreed.

We got to the hotel after about twenty good minutes before going upstairs, absolutely exhausted. I hadn't had a full eight hours of sleep since, the last I could remember.

"Can you stay with me?" He asked, leaning against his door. 

"H, I don't think that's a good idea.."

"Please," he pouted, his bottom lip poking out. "With a cherry on top."

"I-"

"Please.." He begged, grabbing my waist.

"Fine, but only tonight, and only cuddling." I said as he shoved the card into the lock before opening it and pulling me into his arms.

I chuckled as he kicked off his pants while trying to pull off his shirt, nearly landing on the floor. He only had a pair of black boxers on as he climbed underneath the white duvet, opening his arms to me.

I kicked off my shoes and my pants before climbing in next to him, his arms wrapping around me and pulling me into his chest. My head settled on the pillow as his arms wrapped around me waist, his face digging into my neck as my fingers slipped into his hair.

He sighed deeply, pressing a kiss into my throat. "Goodnight, Ellie."

I smiled softly, closing my eyes. "Goodnight, Harry."