The Life of Athletes

*Peyton*

I decided to stop by Penny's first although her and Jacob live right next door to eachother. Maybe I could find out what happened before he gets in.

Penny: Hey girl, how you feelin?

Me: I'm fine! Don't stress it! How are YOU feeling? Jacob told me what happened after my fall.

Penny: Lets just say... I can't hang out with you this Friday night!!

Me: No way!!! Little Jacob finally did it!!

Penny: hahaha!

Me: oh yah, time to go get the guy!

I pulled into his driveway next door and we waited for a good five mins until I lost it. I blew my horn a few times then ran up to his front door.

Me: JACOB WILL U HURRY UP!?! WE R GONNA-

He finally opened the door wearing a nice polo, khaki pants, with some jordans to match his polo.

Me: Ohh that's what took so long? u decided to get all spiffy cuz you finally got cho girl Mr. Latimore?

Jacob: Pshhh noo. whatever lets just go!

And with that, we all went to school. The drive there was literally the highlight of my day and the rest of the day went by so slow. I think I did great on my vocabulary quiz tho!

It was finally 4:00 which meant time for track practice! I went straight to the locker room, greeting all of my teammates. I changed out and headed up to the track. Sadly, I had to sit out because of my ankle. I observed my team doing all of their warm up stretches, talking and laughing with one another. I wish I could be apart of it. It felt so weird not being able to run. I was never really upset about my ankle until now.

When they were finally done with practice, I headed into the gym to wait for Daniel to finish his practice. I took a seat on the bleachers and watched them practice. Wow, observing two practices in one day! Daniel saw me and did a small wave, and I waved back in return.

Justin: YO DIGGS STOP BEING A LITTLE GIRL AND FOCUS!

Ugh. Justin. The school jerk. He's always rude and never has anything nice to say about anyone! Besides him, I noticed the other guys on the court too. Riley, Jacob, and Trevor. I decided to go change into some sweats before we went studying. I left my spot to the locker room, where I found Amaya.

Me: Hey girl!

Amaya: don't "hey girl" me. I'm mad at you.

Me: Umm okay... can I ask why?

Amaya: Easy, you didn't invite me and Riley to the get together yesterday.

Me: First off, it was hosted by Penny, so I don't know why u mad at me for. And Second, ain't no one wanna see you being all lovey dovey with Riley. It gets hella annoying!

Amaya: Pshh whatever.

Then she walked out the locker room.

Okayyy. wtf is up with her?  I brushed it aside and opened up my locker to get my pink hoodie and grey sweats. I put them on then went to the mirror. My hair has never been so messed up. That stupid wind bruh, and I ain't even run! I took out my curls and re did my curly bun and walked back to the gym. To my surprise there practice was finished, so I went up the bleachers to get my things.

Daniel: Hey!

I turned around quickly.

Me: OMG! U scared me!

Daniel: Haha good, that was the goal! are you ready??

Me: Yeah! I was gonna say we should go to the library, but it isn't open at 7... so let's go to my place!

Daniel: Okay, I'm fine with that!

We made our way to my car for the 10 minute car ride to my place.

Me: Okay, so before you come inside, I just wanna say I'm sorry if it's messy. My parents have been busy, as well as us. They are picking up my siblings from their practices right now, so that should give us about an hour of quiet studying.

Daniel: Okay cool!!

I unlocked the door and walked over to the kitchen table.

Me: Oh, we can do our work here. And... OMG I'M SO SORRY. I just realized I didn't offer you anything to eat! Should we order some pizza???

Daniel: It's okay Pey! And haha sure!

Me: Okay, this will take me 2 mins, so while I'm doing that, you take out the physics work you did today in class and look over it.

Daniel: Will do tutor!

After the conversation on the phone, I saw Daniel at my table looking really frustrated.

Me: You don't get it?

Daniel: Not at all! I mean it makes no sense to me. This is so stressful Pey, I really need scholarships for college and this just won't click!

Me: That's what I'm here for Diggs, Imma help you through this!

Daniel: Thank you so much for helping me Peyton. I know it takes a lot of effort for you especially since you r an athlete too with AP classes. It means a lot.

Me: Anytime Daniel :)

And just when I was least expecting it, he leaned over and kissed me.