Bros

*JACOB*

It was still night time, and I was now at home in my bed. Countless thoughts ran through my head. I knew something was up and I just wanted to figure it out. Ever since Trevor moved here 2 years ago, I thought he was cool, and eventually he turned into one of my bros. Seeing him turn on me and Diggs today... it made me wonder who I could even trust. The only people I know for sure I can trust are Pey, Diggs, and Penny. Kenya seems innocent too, but since she's dating Trevor... I just don't know. It's so hard to read people's faces sometimes.

It made me even more scared though, that me and my friends weren't safe. 

There isn't a single moment where I'm not worried. At school or at home, there is no safe place. Me and Penny got attacked at school, and although it doesn't seem like it, I'm pretty shaken up by it. 

I grabbed my phone and checked the time... 2:45 am.

It was a Wednesday night, so I had school in the morning. I finally drifted off into a deep sleep.

At 6:30 I woke to the sound of my alarm. Turning it off was the toughest thing ever, but what made it even harder was knowing today was gonna be the toughest day ever.

I had a test in math that I wasn't prepared for, practice today while coach is pissed at me, and of course I gotta deal with Trevor and Justin.

Currently, I was at my locker getting my books for first hour. Then I heard the scream. It wasn't just any scream either, it was that scream before someone was about to get killed.

The hallways were still empty... I like getting an early start, so I peered around the corner to where the noise came from. There I saw Peyton pinned up against the lockers by some guy in a black hoodie.... HIM.

Me: LEAVE HER ALONE!

I don't know why, but as he was turning, I half expected to see his face and know who it was. But I got the same Purge looking mask as I had before. Whoever it was, he was smart.... he didn't talk. Just nodded or shook his head no.

He shook his head no as he pressed up against her even more, forcing her not to escape. I could tell Peyton was having trouble breathing... she was small so I knew she needed help and fast.

Peyton: J- Jacooob... he-lp me.

I texted Diggs to get here as fast as possible then walked up to whoever this dude was and punched him square in the jaw. I knew I would have to fight again, and maybe even lose, but I didn't have much of a choice. It was either this or have Peyton choke to death. 

Suprisingly... he didn't even punch back. He was too focused on making sure Peyton wouldn't leave. He just kicked me away and remained in his place.

I decided to do something that would indeed help us a lot. I pulled out my phone and called Justin. I waited for the guy's phone to ring, but nothing came. I shrugged and called Trevor.

"AYEEE CRANK DAT NAE NAE, CRANK DAT NAE NAE"

I looked at the guy, and he looked at me throught the mask.