Boy Talk

*Kenya*

It was now Tuesday, and we were at lunch. Lunch was always the perfect time of day to just relax and catch up on everything. Me, Penny, and Peyton all sat together. The guys sat seperate from us. I mean, we both have to have time just to talk to our friends right? Today, Peyton was telling us about her and Diggs last night.

Peyton: Yeah! I said I would always be able to help him with his studies and then he leaned over and kissed me!

Me and Penny: AWW!!!

Me: Diggs is just the cutest thing I swear!!!

Penny: So what did he say after that?

Peyton: Well, we kinda just went to studying, then my family came home so we obviously didn't talk about it in front of them. But my family really loves him! My mom thinks he's a gentleman and my dad... well he will always be cautious but I feel like he likes him too, since he's a good ball player.

Me: That's good! So you like him right?

Penny: Yeah, you HAVE to admit it now!

Peyton: Okay okay okay, yeah I do like him, a lot.

Me and Penny: Aww!!!

Peyton: Yeah yeah yeah, what about you tho Kenya? We already know about Penny's date Friday, but how about you and Trevor?

Me: Well, this Saturday he invited me to come with him and his little sis on a walk to the park, where we first officially talked.

Peyton: That's so cute!

Penny: Wait, Pey, Diggs still hasn't officially asked you out yet?

Peyton: No, but we see eachother after school everyday since I tutor him, so I'm okay with it.

Me: Oh no no girl. It ain't okay. You don't want yall to have a fake relationship. You know, kissing and all that but you don't even go on dates. That ain't cool.

Peyton: I guess you're right. Iean this is literally so new to me. This is the first year a guy has even so much as glanced my way.

Penny: It's okay girl, we got chu!

*Amaya walks by and rolls her eyes*

Penny: Damn, who peed in her cheerios?

Peyton: I did.

Me: ._.

Penny: ._.

Peyton: I'm just kidding! SHEESH!

Later, after cheer, drove home, took a shower, then made me some noodles. I was so excited for this weekend with Trevor. See, I don't think the girls understand how sweet he really is. In front of his friends, he acts like such a tough guy, but with just me and him, he's like a little teddy bear. I am so happy I got to know him better this year! My thoughts were paused by the sound of my phone. I had gotten texts from Trevor.

Trevor: Hey, can I call you? I have to ask you something!

I of course tested back saying sure, and within seconds my phone was ringing.

Me: Hey! Hahaha that was so fast!

Trevor: Haha, look there is something I really need to talk to you about it. I was gonna tell you this important but it's really eating me alive.

Me: Okay well, what is it?

Trevor: I can't hang out this weekend.

Me: Okay well that's totally-

Trevor: Or any other time either.

Me: *voice cracks* wha- what?

Trevor: I'm really sorry Kenya.

Then he hung up the phone.

All I could do was sit there in silence with tears pouring down my face and my mouth hanging wide open.