Chapter 6: Part 1

I laughed inside at Eric's child-like ambitions, "You think you can kill a protected billionaire just like that?"

"Well, yes. At best, I have a chance with a sniper rifle, but with your help, I can pull it off," he said in such a serious tone, I could not help but laugh out loud.

"I think you already predicted the future by putting your dog tag in here," I disrespectfully placed my palm over the dog tags, but being disrespectful had been the least of my problems when I figured I was touching metal.

My reaction was like an impulse, for I instantaneously raised my hand from the bag and withdrew it from being anywhere near the bag. The reason why I did this, judging from my surreal experience with the penny, was because the dog tags would just show me the bleak history of their owners leading to their deaths, which was something my stomach could not handle. However, nothing happened, strangely. I touched it with only a tingly sensation running through my fingers, so there was no horrific vision. For at least a few seconds, I laid my hand on top of the silver necklaces which was enough time for me to receive some sort of flashback, but anticlimactically, there was nothing of the sort.

"Hey, you alright? I honestly don't think it's that big of a deal if you touch the tags," Eric brought me to reality, though I was already living in it. I then acted as casual as possible and apologized for my recklessness.

"Jesus, all this time I've been giving you a history lesson of the gang, and you barely squeaked. Tell me about yourself, Tyzon Foster," he suggested.

"I rather not," I insecurely declined.

"How about your parents? They must have done something extremely scarring for you to have left them. Were they meth-heads or anything like that?" he thought incorrectly.

"No, it's much more complicated," I avoided the topic to the best of my ability.

"Even after showing me your cock, your parents are still more of a sensitive subject. Well, guess we don't need to be in this mess anymore, and since it's still three, I'll start you off with a simple trial," Eric notified.

"What, like an exam?" I asked in fear, dreading the last few days in my home, for completing the tests were like watching a shorn sheep regrow its wool, but then the next tutor would come in and just shear the sheep.

"Not exactly," he smirked, which made me anxious about this 'trial'.

In order to leave Eric's room, he had to reenter the same code onto the pad again, but it was in a different order. When we left his room, Eric led me to what looked like the gang's cafeteria as there was a counter with different foods available, which made my father right about the outside world not being so different from school. Even after his demise, my father continued to be right about everything, from the police being unreliable to my situation as of then.