Chapter 26 ------------------- In Process

Recap

"Your in real danger, this is not a joke. More people have gotten hurt if you don't be careful you could be next. Nobody wants to see even more people get in more trouble then there already in," The hoodie boy said. Then before i could say something he stood up and walked out of the big hall.

The memory came back to me and all the dots connected. A gasp managed to flee from my dried out lips as I pierced into James eyes. Ya Allah.

"You're the hoodie guy?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 26 ------------------- In Process

Who knew a 5 minute walk would actually feel like centuries?

That's exactly how I felt when I was walking home from school.

As I entered my home, I headed straight to my room forgetting to inform anyone about my arrival. It didn't matter anyway, the house seemed quiet.

"Bayan, is that you?" I heard Sarah call while sprinting up the stairs.

"Yes."

"Come here now, we need to talk."

Talking. I have definitely been doing a lot of that today especially with James. Taking a guess that my sister was in the kitchen, I strolled back down the stairs. I entered the kitchen, threw my heavy bag to the side and took a seat on a nearby chair. Being right for more than once today, I found Sarah exactly where I thought she would be. Cooking in the kitchen. I rapidly slipped off my hijab because of the heat of the gas in kitchen. It must of been more than 60 degrees in there.

"Where's mum?" I questioned my older sister whilst she was chopping a few carrots.

"Out. She decided to wait for dad to finish work so they could have a nice dinner together,"

A few minutes of silence passed until I felt the urge to head over and help my sister with the cooking. I stepped over to the sink to wash my hands and start. However just as I was about to grab the knife and start slicing, Sarah put down hers forcefully with a huff resulting in me putting my hands back to my sides.

"What's wrong Sarah?" I asked worried about my sisters sudden stop. She was staring intently at the cutting board, not making any eye contact with me.

"Bayan," A pause was present. "The school called. They said you skipped a few of your classes."

My breathing quickened and no respond could leave my mouth whether it was a lie or not.

"What were you doing at that time?" My sister interrogated calmly while turning to look at me. Too calmly that it actually scared me.

"Nothing." I managed to mutter.

"Stop lying!" Sarah burst out loudly and a shiver ran down my spine as I jumped in my spot.

"Do you know how lucky you are that I'm the one who answered the phone and not mum, dad or even Abdul!" Her voice was loud now that it brought tension to the whole room after she finished speaking. I could see her slightly grind her teeth. I still didn't speak though.

"I need you to tell me the truth. We can't figure anything out without the truth." Sarah lowered her voice this time and it sounded relaxed but mine wasn't going to sound the same.