Chapter Nine

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

                    Johnny slowly walked up to Saryna's house. Her walkway was paved with white concrete, that was lined with those small lights that turn on in the dark. There was perfectly cut green grass stretching across the whole yard, and two tall trees on each side of the property.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀As Johnny got closer, he placed one foot on the large steps that lead up to the porch. It was wooden and painted with a mate brown color. There was a small bench on one side, and a chair or two on the other.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀He got to the broad door, and lifted his arm up to knock. There were so many places he'd rather be, but he couldn't cancel, or stand her up. Johnny wasn't like that, plus she was a nice girl, he just felt awful, like he was leading her on.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Johnny knocked on the door, and about fifteen seconds later the door knob turned. It swung open to reveal Saryna.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀She was wearing a velvet, baby pink dress. It was pretty casual, and ended around her mid thigh. She had on a jean jacket over the dress, black high heels, and her hair was curled and hanging loosely over her shoulders.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Johnny thought she looked pretty, but he couldn't help but think that Kenzie was prettier. The girl smiled, and he smiled back.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Hey." Saryna said stepping out on the porch. She closed the door behind her, and looked up into Johnny's eyes.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀He had on a simple gray t-shirt, black jeans, sneakers, and a jacket. His hair was styled upward in that messy-ish, way boys do their hair.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Hey." Johnny answered as they began to walk down the steps. It was going to be a long night for him.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀------------------------------------
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Kenzie stopped her car about two houses down from the place she was going. She was too nervous to park outside his house, she thought maybe the short walk from when she was to where he was would give her time to think.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Mackenzie took the keys out of the engine, and opened up her car door. One foot at a time she got out, and was on the street. There was mansion after mansion all down the road, but none of them were as big as hers.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀She fixed her blue shirt, and black mini skirt as she began to walk up the sidewalk. She was beyond nervous, everything felt weird.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀She was going to break up with Hayden, she was actually going to do it. There was no backing out, this had to be done. If she didn't do it soon, or when she had the courage, she wants sure if she'd ever do it. Her parent showed her one thing, she did not want to end up like them.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Kenzie hadn't told Hayden she was coming by, so she wasn't even sure if he was home. It was Friday night so he might have been out, maybe she should have picked a better day to come. It was too late to re-think it now, she had just approached right outside his house.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀His large, familiar home came into view. It was a beige color, with a brown roof. There was a large porch out front, and a long walkway that lead up to it.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Kenzie walked up the side walk, and before she knew or she was walking up the steps to his porch. Her breathing was hitched, and she was honestly beyond nervous.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Kenzie made it up to the door, and slowly raised her arm and knocked. As soon as she knocked, she heard a bunch of shuffling and murmuring from inside.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Suddenly the door swung open, and Kenzie looked up, to be greeted by Hayden's brown eyes. He looked all out of sorts though, and like he was in a rush.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀His shirt looked twisted, his curly hair was a mess, and he looked beyond confused and disoriented.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Hey, what are you doing here?" Hayden asked confused. He looked more nervous that she did honestly, and Kenzie couldn't figure out why.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"We need to talk." Kenzie said simply, but Hayden still looked insanely nervous.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Uh maybe another time, I can't right now." He answered trying to pull the door shut, but Kenzie reached her arm out and held it open. He was being so weird, and Kenzie had to talk to him right then. She had the courage to do it, and she needed to talk advantage of it.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"What's going on?" Kenzie asked skeptically. Hayden's eyes widened when suddenly there were foot steps behind him.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Babe, who's there?" A girls voice asked, and Kenzie's jaw dropped. No way, he had another girl at his house. It was bad enough he did it at school once, but she had told him, as his girlfriend to just please stop until they were over. She just wanted to try and break up on good terms, but now her heat felt like it was broken...again.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Suddenly Annie LeBlamc appeared right next to Hayden making Kenzie's stomach turn. Not only was it a girl, it was Annie...again. Wow, her life was getting really depressing.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Kenzie I can explain!" Hayden suddenly said, but it was way to late. A song tear fell down Kenzie check, but she still held her head up high, and crossed her arms over her chest. She felt like crumbling, but she needed to stay strong.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"No need, I came here to tell you we're done. Granted I thought we could end on good terms but I guess not. Have a good life Hayden." Kenzie said turning around. She quickly walked down the steps, and the down the walkway. As soon as she was out of view of the house, tears started streaming down her face.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀It felt like she was a fragile little feather anymore. A little bit of air could blow her down to the ground, where she'd slowly get stepped on by people walking by.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Everything sucked, it felt like her heart had been shattered so many times, there was no way to repair it anymore.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀She, herself was broken beyond repair. Kenzie realized what a lost cause she was, she was just falling apart.