Chapter One

⠀⠀
              Mackenzie had decided that love did not exist a long time ago. It was pretty obvious to her that if it did exist more people would love her, yet no one did.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Her mother did not love her, her dad didn't love her, and her sister might have loved her, but if she did she was the only person in this world that did. Her mom and dad did not love each other, Kenzie and Hayden did not love each other, so in her eyes there was no way such a thing could be real.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀After kissing Johnny in front of everyone Kenzie had avoided him all day, despite his endless attempts to talk to her. She had not wanted to explain herself to him, nor did she have to. In her eyes he should have been happy she kissed him, he probably rose about 5 ranks on the popular status from it.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Mackenzie had just arrived home, and was now in her huge room. Her whole house was the biggest for miles, it was a mansion. Her family made enough money to have it though, they could probably have an even bigger house, but they'd have to leave town for that, and that wasn't an option. Her whole family lived there their whole lives, it was all they knew, they could leave.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀That was probably why Kenzie strived to be so popular. She felt like she deserved it, she felt as though if she wasn't she'd be a disappointment. Her family had lived there for generation after generation, it was like her destiny.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"If you're here to tell me I'm crazy Maddie, believe me I already know!" Kenzie sighed dramatically falling down onto her bed. She laid there looking up at the ceiling, as she could hear her sister's foot steps nearing her.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"You're not crazy, it's just you can't go around kissing random boys. If mom knew..." Maddie trailed off but Kenz knew what she meant. If her mother found out what she did, she'd be in so much trouble. She had to always be perfect, so getting jealous and kissing some random guy was not her definition of perfect.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I caught Hayden cheating on me, I didn't know what to do..." She said, sitting up, using her elbows to hold herself up. Maddie looked at Kenzie in parent-disappointed way. She may have not been her parent but her mother was not a rational person, so she learned most of her life lessons from her sister not her mom.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I know, it's just next time think a little more about what your about to do." Maddie said putting her hand on Kenzie's back in a comforting way. She nodded her head as if to agree, she knew what she did was so wrong in so many ways.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I need to go meet Jayden and Brynn at the mall, how long are in town?" Kenzie asked sitting all the way up. As much as she'd like to treasure every second her sister was home for college, she couldn't cancel plans with her best friends. Keeping her social status meant she was always at social events, and that Friday the mall just happened to be the hot spot.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I'm only here until Sunday." She answered, and Kenzie nodded. She wished she could stay longer, but she knew it wasn't exactly possible. It was just Maddie was the only person she could be herself around. Of course she didn't believe in love, more of just gratitude and affection, but if she did, than she defiantly would have thought Maddie loved her. Sisters were supposed to love each other, and deep down she knew they did, but she had this mindset that love was weakness. Mackenzie Ziegler had no weaknesses, so she couldn't admit she loved anyone.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀------------------------------------
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"So why did you chose him to kiss?" Jayden asked, making Kenzie roll her eyes. They were walking out of the store PINK and all they were talking about was her kissing Johnny. As if it was a huge deal, okay maybe it was a kind of big deal, but they had already asked her every question fifty times.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀She told them a thousand times it was to make Hayden jealous, they are still together and the kiss meant nothing. She didn't even know this Johnny kid, she just knew of him. There was no real reason why she chose him, he was just there.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Because he was the first boy I saw, how many times do I need to tell you that!" Mackenzie exclaimed beyond annoyed. Her sudden outburst of anger took Jayden by surprise. She always hated when Kenzie did that, when she acted better than others, or like they weren't worth her time.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Have you talked to Hayden?" Brynn questioned nervously. She was sacred that, that may have not been the right thing to ask, but you never knew with Kenzie. Anything could set her off
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Yes, and everything is good. We're fine." Kenzie said but it was unconvincing and she knew it. She'd have to do better than that, a rocky relationship was also a weakness she couldn't afford at the moment. She had talked to Hayden and they were still together, just in a huge fight.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Oh, well that's good." Jayden said, and Kenzie nodded biting her lip before she said anything else. All they needed to know was that her and her boyfriend were still together.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Yes it is...oh shit!" Kenzie randomly added, and both of her best friends looked to her confused. They followed the trail of her eyes to a certain green eyed boy with his friends.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Johnny and Kenzie locked eyes, and he pushed off the wall he was leaning against on in the food court. Makenzie widened her eyes, as he began to walk towards her.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀She was about to turn the other way when she suddenly realized that hiding made it look like she hiding something, or that she was ashamed. Both of those things were true but he didn't need to know that.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Deciding to be a bigger person, Kenzie began walking towards him. Like mentioned earlier her confidence was everything. She couldn't be insecure because that was stupid, she had nothing to feel that way about. That boy should have been thanking god that she kissed him in her eyes.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Hey." Kenzie greeted him like they were old friends, but in reality they had never spoken in their lives.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Hey?" Johnny asked, causing Kenzie to get impatient. She obviously wasn't a very patient person, she got annoyed easily.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Okays so I know what you wanna talk about, and there's no talking to be done okay. That kiss was nothing....just forget it happened..." She trailed off, turning on the balls of her feet. She didn't want to explain herself any further, nor would she. Once she caught up with her best friends they tried asking her a million questions that she dodged. As far as she was concerned that stupid kiss was actually nothing, little did she know how much it would change everything.