Chapter Twenty Two

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Johnny sat on his couch in between Carson and Harvey, his best friends. He felt like he hadn't seen them in forever, for about a month he had been with Kenz all the time and only saw them at school.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Now she was gone though, and he had so much time. It was so weird without her, he never realized how one person could change your life so fast. He felt empty, like their was a part of him missing.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Johnny ran a hand through his hair as he looked at the TV screen. They were playing Call Of Duty, but he had just been sitting there watching, which was super unlike him.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀It had been a week since Kenzie left and things were just getting harder. He would check his phone every ten minutes to see if maybe she finally texted him, or unblocked him in Instagram which was so weird. He didn't understand why she blocked him in the first place.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀John wasn't the only one being weird though, the whole school was in this slump. No one knew who to turn to anymore, they didn't have their queen anymore. Then their was Brynn, Jayden and Saryna who were all trying to take her place, but no one could ever fill Kenzie's shoes and Johnny knew that.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Dude, what's your problem?" Harvey asked as their match went over. Johnny looked up at his two friends who were both looking at him like he was an alien.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"What do you mean?" Johnny asked without emotion.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"You're being...weird." Carson added side eyeing his best friend oddly.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Yeah maybe I don't know..." Johnny said to just shut them up, and apparently it worked because they both turned their attention back to the TV, with a slight shrug.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀They were great friends, but Johnny wasn't one to talk about his feelings, he didn't really think any guy was, at least not with their friends.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Suddenly there were footsteps approaching the living room, and he looked up to see who it was. After about a few seconds or so Lauren walked into the room.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"John, can you come here real fast?" She asked and she seemed really serious. Harvey and Carson didn't even look up form the TV though.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Yeah." He answered rising from the couch. Lauren began to walk into the next room and Johnny followed steadily behind her.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀As soon as they were there, Lauren pulled an envelope from behind her back, and Johnny raised his eyebrows at her.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"What's that?" He asked confused, was this really why she pulled him away from his friends like their was some emergency.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"It's a letter you doofus, you know like the things you write and then send them in the mail--"
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I know what a letter is Laur, I mean why are you giving it to me?" Johnny asked feeling very impatient.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"It's for you duh, it's from Kenzie... I figured you'd want to open it by yourself." She answered rolling her eyes, and Johnny took the letter out of her hands, his heart beating a million miles minute.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Lauren turned around and went back upstairs, leaving him alone. He ran his finger over the letter, it was really from Kenzie.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Without a second though he ripped open the seal, and saw the piece of lined paper inside. He grabbed it out and sat the envelope down beside him.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Johnny unfolded the paper, to see Kenzie's very neat handwriting. His breathing became hitched as he began to read the letter, what could she have possibly said on this paper that she could have said in person or over the phone.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀He began reading, whispering the words on the paper to himself. Each line made him more confused. At first when she said she couldn't stop thinking about him, he started to feel happy maybe she didn't hate him like he thought.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Then she said she came to see him, to say goodbye but Johnny knew that didn't happen. What was she talking about? She basically admitted to liking him but at the same time said she was going to move on.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀She also mentioned him hating her, where did she get an idea like that from? He kissed her, he may have walked away after but how could she take that as he hates her? Then there was the last part saying he hurt her, and that maybe one day they'd meet again when their older.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀What the hell was she talking about? Nothing was making sense to Johnny, especially the part where she came to say goodbye. No one came to their house or anything. He kept trying to think back to when this could have happened but nothing.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Until all of a sudden he remembered, on Sunday. Their was someone at the door but Jaycee answered the door...
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"No....no..." Johnny whispered to himself. Suddenly he put the letter down and ran upstairs at the speed of lightening.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Laur!" Johnny yelled, as he made it to the top step. He quickly knocked on her door urgently. This wasn't happening, Johnny thought.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"What?" She asked swinging open the door annoyed, but he didn't have time for her stupid teenage emotions. She was always annoyed at him anymore.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"On Sunday when Jaycee was over there was some at the door." He explained and Lauren nodded along obviously not invested in the conversation.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Yes, and?" Laur asked.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Did she say who it was? Did she say anything at all about who was at the door?" Johnny asked frantically, he had a feeling he knew exactly what had happened and he couldn't believe it.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"She said that whoever it was, was here for you, but they were super weird and left. I didn't really out much thought to it...." She trailed off as they both put the pieces together.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Fuck...it had to have been Kenzie, and she probably mis-interpreted the whole situation." Johnny said slightly angry, and Lauren looked at him in a sympathetic way.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Well, call her or something explained what happened...but I don't really get what would have made her upset."
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Jaycee answering the door...I was talking to her at the party the other night and Kenzie got weird, and now I realize she was jealous....then two days after I kiss her and leave Jaycee is here. It must have seemed awful..." Johnny said shaking his head trying to piece together a plan.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Oh....well the you defiantly need to talk to her." Lauren answered and Johnny completely agreed, he knew exactly what he was going to do now.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Yes. I do..." He said beginning to walk out of Lauren's door swiftly before his sister grabbed his arm in confusion.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Where are you going?" She asked, looking at him like he was insane.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"New York." He answered simply.