Fun Facts About 'Different Worlds'

Facts about 'Different Worlds', you didn't know-

{I got this idea from @\dmfanfic_writter_xoxo on Instagram}

1. I got inspired to write this story from the Disney movie 'Geek Charming'. Obviously it's a lot different from that story, but I got the idea for how Kenzie's character would be from there.

2. I originally didn't plan for her to move to New York. When I decided I wanted her to leave home, I considered having Maddie come to LA, but I decided Kenzie going to NY was best.

3. I also didn't plan for the whole Jaycee drama until right before I wrote the fact that she answered Johnny's door.

4. Adding onto the last one, Kenzie wasn't even going to say goodbye, leaving Johnny the one who was mad not her.

5. I had the fight about Johnny deserving better than Kenzie planned out since the very beginning, but it was going to go a lot different.

6. I considered having Kenzie's father be abusive towards her mother and possibly even her, but in the end I decided against it.

7. It was only going to have 18 chapters, but after I got to about chapter 14 I knew it'd need a bit more.

8. I was going to have Lauren and Kenzie become friends but it wasn't very essential to the plot so I ended up not doing it. Plus Lauren disliking her made more drama, but trusting Johnny's opinion made for a cute sibling moment so yeah.

9. I was going to have Mackenzie's dad leave them a lot later in the story.

10. Last of all, Johnny and Kenzie weren't going to end up together in the end. I seriously considered this, bc in life you don't always have happy endings. Also, Kenzie was very independent I didn't want her relying on Johnny for happiness. Plus she had so much going on I thought maybe in the epilogue they could re-connect and I could hint at a relationship in the future, but I ended up figuring out a way to do it still making Kenz independent and it was super cute.