Chapter Ninteen

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Kenzie was so confused all weekend long. Johnny had kissed her and suddenly it was like everything changed, everything she wanted changed.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀She was sure that she liked him, but it had took him kissing her to realize and now everything was a thousand times more complicated. She was leaving, but it felt like she had a ton of unresolved issues.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀It was Sunday morning, and she left in the evening for New York. She'd leave her California life behind her and wouldn't look back. She thought she could do that at least, but now their was this nagging feeling in her chest. Like she didn't want to go, she actually began to consider staying.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀It wasn't really an option though. Her mom and her had gotten into a fight on Friday night, a bad one too. It was about her breaking curfew, because she had to find a new ride home. It was way to awkward to drive with Johnny.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀When Johnny kissed her Kenzie suddenly saw this life where she was happy. It made sense and everything was actually perfect. The reality of her actual life came crashing down the minute she got home, and she knew it could never happen.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀She was going to get on that plane, because everything happens for a reason. If her and Johnny were meant to be it would happen, and she just had to trust her gut that was telling her to get away from this place.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀So Kenzie packed up everything essential, around four suitcases full of cloths, makeup and other important things. She walked out of her front door without a goodbye to her mother and got into her uber that would take her straight to the airport after one quick stop.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀----------------------------------------
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The black car pulled up outside of the house that she had only been to one time before. The last time she was there everything was falling apart, and although a lot had changed in the past couple of weeks, that didn't.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀She slowly opened up the door of the car, and stepped out. She inhaled a sharp breath and closed it behind her.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Kenzie began to walk up the walkway that lead to Johnny's house, because there was no way she was leaving without at least saying goodbye.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀As she approached his front door she kept trying to think of what she was going to say. 'Hey I like you and all but I'm leaving anyway.' There didn't seem like any good way to put it.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Before she knew it, she was at his front door. Kenzie released a shaky breath and brought her hand up to it. She knocked on the wooden frame loudly so that she knew someone would head.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Kenzie bounced back in forth between her two feet, feeling anxious. Her mind was scrambling with words to say but none of them felt right.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Nothing seemed fit to say goodbye to Johnny, the person that made her happy, and excited to just be alive. It seemed weird to her that she hadn't realized she was slowly falling for him or that she was totally jealous of Jaycee at the party.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Those thoughts were cut off though when the door swung open. Slowly Kenzie looked up from her feet and the person who met her eyes was most certainly not Johnny...it was a girl.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Jaycee to be exact. She was looking at Kenzie with an impatient glare as her jaw dropped. It was like her heart fell to her stomach, and any words she had thought of just left her brain.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"What do you want?" Jaycee asked trying to sound nice but Kenzie could her the annoyance behind her tone. As if she was the one who should be annoyed.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I....uh." Was all Kenzie could choke out, her of all people was actually speechless. Jaycee was at his house, two days after he'd kissed Kenzie. She didn't think he was like that, or maybe she was just reading way to much in the situation.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀She was a fool to think someone actually cared about her. He was probably drunk and just kissed her because, well who knows why. Her little visit just made her feel so stupid to even considering staying in this horrid place for him.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"You what?" Jaycee asked with wide eyes. Kenzie stomach churned with what to say, what excuse she got come out with.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I...uh gotta go.." Kenzie muttered turning on her heel quickly. That was probably one of the most embarrassing things she'd ever done in her life.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Do you want me to tell Johnny you were here?" Jaycee asked loudly considering Kenzie was already down the steps.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"No." She answered as she kept on walking, thinking about how awful her life was. Her heart was broken, again but this time it was so much worse.