Chapter Twenty One

{thanks sm for 3k reads, it means the world to me}
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Kenzie's uber pulled up outside of her sisters building late on Sunday night. The sky was pitch black, but you could barely see any stars. Mackenzie's eyes were heavy with tiredness and sadness as she arrived.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀As the car came to a stop, Kenzie sighed. This was it, she was there. New York was going to be a fresh start but she'd already starting it dwelling on the past, the past being a few hours ago.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Kenz twirled the letter she had written for Johnny in between her fingers as she sat in place. She ran her pointer finger across the envelope's seal. Without a scorn though she stuck the paper into her purse.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Mackenzie slowly opened up the door grabbing her backpack that sat next to her. The rest of her things were in the back.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀She took one step into the cold March air and shivered. It wasn't this cold in LA, but what did she expect? New York was no stranger to cold weather.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Kenz looked up at the apartment building. It was so tall, and the windows seemed to go up for miles all lined up perfectly. Her eyes drifted down to the front doors, they reminded her of the doors from an apartment building in a show from when she was a child.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The show was Jessie, and they lived in huge penthouse. Thinking back to that time made her want to cry. She was so innocent, just a seven year old little girl watching a Disney show and wishing her life was as cool as theirs. This place was no rich apartment building but it was sure better than home, she'd at least be loved and appreciated here.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Kenzie slowly walked around to the back of the car. The driver unlocked the trunk, and she opened it up. The girl grabbed out her heavy bags one at a time.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀They were going to be a pain in the ass to carry up to her sisters room. As soon as her suit cases were on the ground she started to try and move them up to the front door.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀As she was moving her bags the uber took off considering she had already paid him. Kenz sighed as she watched the headlights speed away, everything was feeling surreal and she wasn't sure how much she liked all of this.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀She kept trying to remind herself that this was going to be good, she was going to do great at this place. Things wouldn't be so depressing and stressful.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Yet, every time she tried to imagine a new life, there was just Johnny. Why was she unable to not think about him? She was supposed to be mad at him, yet every two seconds an image of him smiling or laughing popped up in her brain.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Kenz shook her head trying to focus on the task at hand. She pulled the heavy bags slowly as she approached the huge front doors. Suddenly she could see inside the lobby and she saw a certain familiar face talking to her boyfriend.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Maddie was in the lobby letting go from a hug with Jack. They were the cutest couple ever, Kenz had longed to have a relationship like theirs for about four years now.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Kenzie finally got inside the place and Maddie looked over at the doors. As soon as the sisters met eye contact, Mads let go of Jack and Kenzie for just a second set down her bags.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀With the biggest smiled in the world, they both began walking quickly towards each other. As soon as they were close enough Maddie tackled Kenz in a huge hug.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Oh my gosh I've missed you so much." Mads said squeezing the life out of her little sister, but she didn't mind. The one thing great about this was finally getting to see her best friend, also known as her sister.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I missed you too, LA sucks without you." Kenz exclaimed as they both pulled away. Maddie giggled as well as Kenzie.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Jack and I can help you with your bags." Madison told her as she spotted he luggage beside them. Kenzie smiled as her sisters boyfriend walked over and they all grabbed a bag. Maybe this wouldn't be too bad...
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀------------------------------------------
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Kenzie sat down on the bed of her new room. She had been in New York for a about an hour and so far it was pretty great.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Jack left shortly after they got up to apartment, so that just left the two sisters. They had chatted about everything that's been going on lately and they told each other eveything. Well, almost everything, Kenzie didn't have the energy to talk about Johnny.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀She seemed to have the energy to think about him all day long but talking about him was different. Saying what happened out loud made it real, and she wasn't ready for that just yet.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Kenzie laid back on her bed and looked up at the ceiling. She was going to send the letter out first thing in the morning but she had this longing to talk to Johnny right then.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Yet, she knew he didn't deserve to talk to her, not after what he did. Not after the fact that he lead her on for weeks, just to move on within forty eight hours.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀So, she'd send the other to him as soon as she woke up, and that'd be it. She'd be done with him, for good hopefully.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀