I Never Wanted to Hurt You - Chapter 7

*Still Niall’s P.O.V*

I grabbed Gabby by her waist and we walked into the movie theater.

“Hi, we have a private screening.”

“Name, sir?”

“Niall Horan.”

“Of course, right this way.”

Harry, Emily, Gabby and I were escorted to a small theater in the back. Harry and Emily were whispering and I was [I’ll admit it] eavesdropping.

“Harry, where are we going?”

“Shh, Niall and I planned something special for you two.”

“Harry Styles! You’re such a charmer!”

“Emily Cortez! Only for you!”

She giggled and kissed his cheek. He blushed and pecked her lips. My face burned. Why am I feeling like this?

“Niall, are you okay?”

I looked down at Gabby who smiled up at me sweetly.

“Yeah. I’m just gonna go get some popcorn and drinks. I’ll be right back.”

I walked out and went to the concession counter. What’s going on with me?

*Gabby’s P.O.V*

Something’s going on with Niall. I can’t exactly put a finger on it, but he doesn’t seem like he is having a good time. I took my seat in the small theater and I waited for Niall to come back. Harry and Emily were on the opposite side of the theater, talking and giggling.

“Emily!”

“Harry!”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Sure hun, what’s up?”

“How do you tell someone you like them?”

“Just come out and say it. Like this! Harry, I like you so so so much!”

They giggled at the corny conversation and he pecked her cheek. Niall came back, four popcorns and four drinks in his hand. He handed a popcorn and drink to Harry then to Emily, but something was written on his face. I couldn’t read his expression.

“Thanks Niall!”

“No problem love.” He smiled a warm smile and then came to sit down next to me. He likes Emily. It really didn’t come off as a surprise, everyone is attracted to her.

“Gabby, you okay?”

“Yeah, let’s just … watch the movie.”

I felt my heart throb with a quick flash of pain. I knew he didn’t like me, he was just trying to be nice. The movie finally started, Valentine’s Day. I saw this movie once before, with Emily, but I wasn’t paying attention this time. My mind was focused on Niall. What did he think of me?

*Back to Niall’s P.O.V*

Gabby kept her distance from me throughout the entire movie. She didn’t look at me, didn’t say a word, didn’t hold my hand, didn’t do anything. She stared at the movie screen and I stared at her. Finally, a movement came from the beautiful statue.

She looked down at her hands and bit her lip. I brushed her cheek and felt her flinch under me. She looked up at me and her eyes looked … watery?

“Gabby, are you okay? Is something wrong?”

“Niall, I really like you. I just want to know … do you like me?”

I felt the heat rush to me cheeks.