Who's this guy? - Chapter 6

*Emily’s P.O.V*

“OH MY GOSH! THIS SUCKS! WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?!” I yelled, almost bursting into tears.

“What the hell happened?!” Gabby asked, running into my room. She stared at the broken butterfly ring in my hand.

“Gabby! It broke! I had lotion on my hands because I just finished putting it all over my body and it slipped and cracked!” I managed to say through tears. I couldn’t believe this! My butterfly ring means everything to me! To others, it’s just a ring, but to me, it’s more than that! My father gave this ring to me when I was a little girl. “As long as you have this on you, I promise I’ll be with you, every step of the way, baby girl. I love you so much.” Those were the last words I ever heard my father say. The memory of my father, my prom, my first date, my first kiss, my driving test, my audition for the school play, my first dance recital, my graduation, EVERYTHING!

I collapsed to the floor and the tears streamed down my face.

“Emily, it’s okay. I’m sure you’ll-“

“IT’S NOT OKAY GABBY! THIS RING MEANT EVERYTHING TO ME! IT WAS ONLY THING I HAVE LEFT OF MY FATHER AND NOW ITS GONE!” I shouted, sounding extremely horrible. I didn’t mean to yell at my best friend, but I didn’t know what to do.

RING RING RING.

RING RING RING.

My head jerked to my phone and I threw it beside me. I didn’t want Harry to hear me like this. Sniffling and upset.

RING RING RING.

RING RING RING.

“Hello? Oh hey Harry, it’s Gabby, what’s up?”

I looked at her and she nodded at me, knowing what I was thinking. She’s such an amazing friend.

“She just had a little issue, but it’s okay. I’ll make sure she gets ready for you! Don’t worry, Harry, I got your back!” I heard him mumble something through the phone and it must’ve been something flirty because Gabby blushed and giggled.

“Okay Harry, see you soon! Bye love!”

“What did he say?”

“Hey Gabby, where’s Emily? … Is she okay? … Are you sure? … Thanks Gabby, I gotcha back, too. I’ll put in a good word with the Nialler … See ya, babe!”

She came and sat on the floor next to me, both of us in underclothing and a towel wrapped around us. She wrapped her arms around me and gave me a hug. I started to cry again, not because of the ring, but because of the way I yelled at her. I never yelled at her like that. She didn’t deserve that, she’s too sweet and caring.

“Emily, calm down dude! We’ll fix this. Go get ready for our date!” We both laughed at the way that sounded. She stood up and held out a hand, which I took, and she pulled me up.

“Thanks Gabby.” I gave her a huge hug and she returned it. We broke apart and she wiped my tears away with my towel. She gave me a sweet, reassuring smile and walked out. I loved Gabby like a sister. She’s my second half.

*Gabby’s P.O.V*

I smiled at her and walked back into my room. I knew how much that ring meant to her, and I felt horrible. But, it was time to think about the date we had tonight.

I sat down in front of my dresser. I had one of those dressers that had 4 drawers on each side (totaling 8) and a huge mirror on top, and in front of my mirror sat everything I needed in the morning. Makeup, jewelry, contact case, curling iron, flattening iron, hair dryer, brushes, perfume and body sprays, the list goes on. I put my iPod into the home dock and played my shuffle playlist. I love listening to music while I’m getting ready, and I can hear that Emily did the same because I heard Up All Night leaking through the gap in my door.