Chapter 22

Dean pressed his head into his hands as he leaned against the Impala. Sam was talking about his dream from the night before. He hadn't had the chance to talk about it thanks to Violet's little disappearing act. Dean wasn't sure what to think about his brother's odd dreams. First of all his daughter was already a witch, she also summoned herself from the future and now he had to deal with that. He didn't have time to worry about his brother's nightmares.

"Sam, it was probably just a dream." He said tiredly. He was ready to pop off the top of a beer despite the fact that it was seven the morning. "Maybe you should drink less caffeine I don't know." He shook his head and shrugged. He looked to the motel room and found older Violet looking out the window at them. She was still wearing Dean's shirt and hadn't slept at all. Dean had tried asking her questions about the future, not that she would answer. She was very set in her ways, and her way was to not tell them anything.

"Does she look angry to you?" Sam questioned and looked away from her.

"Yeah, she does." Dean ran his hand though his hair and gave her a small wave. "I sill don't have any idea how the hell we're going to get her home." He sighed. "I wish Violet, I mean our Violet, like littl-you understand, I wish she would just listen to me and not do things behind our backs…." Sam scoffed.

"I don't know…..she's starting to really think for herself. She understands that she's not like anyone else and so far the only people that we know of that are like her didn't work out. She probably just wants to learn about who she is. We can't blame her for that." Sam shrugged. "I mean, the spell she used was to find out what her powers will become, It kind of makes sense that she would summon herself from the future. I guess...older Violet's powers are fully developed or she's at least not gaining anymore."

"I….she's not like herself, I mean little, we need to find a nickname for her or something, anyway. She's got an edge to her. She's not as sweet as ten year old her." Dean frowned as he said it, not liking the words.

"Well Dean, she's more then likely in her twenties, she might even be a little older then you. She's all grown up. Our Violet hasn't been exposed to all that much, at least not anything really scary. She knows we hunt monsters, she just hasn't really seen any. I'm sure older Violet has, hell Dean, she's more then likely a hunter by now." Dean really didn't like it.

"I don't know, she is married." Dean said, "so unless her….husband," even a deaf man would be able to hear the displeasure in his voice, "is a hunter too. Maybe she settled down and is living a normal life." Dean knew that it was more the likely just wishful thinking. Her powers would more then likely keep her from ever living any kind of a normal life.

"Dean….I don't know. Maybe."

"I don't want her to be a hunter." It was the first time Dean's ever admitted it out loud to anyone but himself. So far he's kept her out of the monsters way for a hell of a lot longer then John did for them. He still thought she was to young to really put her in the field.

"I don't think you really have a choice." Sam said sadly. Dean sighed and pushed off his car. Both men moved back into the motel room. Older Violet was waiting for them inside. She and her younger self were talking about what kid Violet should wear. Older Violet gave her one of the dresses that Dean had recently bought her. Little Violet moved into the bathroom and older Violet looked up at them from the bed.

"I need some clothes." She said. She crossed her legs and leaned back on her hands. Dean noticed something next to her. It was a small rectangle like object. He wasn't sure what it was. He voiced his curiosity. She glanced down at the thing as is it didn't really hold that much significance. "Oh, its just my phone."