Chapter 9

Jake's POV

It has been a day and I'm already lonely. My best friend is in a coma, and his girlfriend is too. I'm told that they should wake up soon but it getting harder to believe every day. The only good news is that I'm getting out of here tomorrow.

"Umm, OH MY GOD JAKE," I look up and see my best friend, the one I've have been hoping to wake up looking at me. 

"Dude, why are we in the hospital, and why does Luci have a whole bunch of tubes," Mikey stops talking and stares at the wall.

"Oh, nevermind, I remember, but I don't know the date."

I look at my phone," the date is June seventh."

"Okay thanks, and also I'm lost," he looks around.

"Mikey are you okay, like do you feel funny?" I question when I see him sway a little bit. 

"Well, everything is kind of fuzzy." Mikey pears out of the hall then look back in," There is a girl who saw me and kind of is running."

"JAKE" I hear Ally's voice and laugh.

"YES, ALLY MIKEY IS IN MY ROOM. I'D SUGGEST TO MOVE LUCI IN HERE, I DON'T THINK HE PLANS ON LEAVING," I yell back to Ally and hear foot steps moving farther away.

"Watch him" I faintly hear before the room goes silent.

"Mikey, you are staying in here with me, and I'm pretty sure that Ally is bringing your bed and Luci's into here.

Mikey goes silent and sits down on the empty bed next to me.

"I miss her Jake," I can faintly hear Mikey.

"Hey, you and Luci had almost the same injuries, so maybe she will wake up soon too," I smile at him and he slightly smiles back. 

A few minutes later we hear wheels squeaking and a bed with lots of machines around it, are in our room and in between mine and Mikey's beds. 

"Okay, so this was hard to do, because Luci is in critical condition, so Mikey please act really protective if someone comes in here to test her," Ara pauses," I told them that Mikey refused to move rooms unless all of his friends were with him and he knew his girlfriend was safe."

"I will, can I have something, now that I am fully awake, I am in a lot of pain can I have something." Ally's tilts her head and something clicks.

"Yeah, sorry, I forgot to give you pain meds," she walks over to a cabinet," You need to take these every two hours until we discharge you from here, and after that, you will be told to take soemthing."

Mikey nods and smiles," Did my phone make it?"

I look at him and ally smiles," Yes, it was the safest out of them, both of yours was fixed and the rest went out to get new phones."

We all hear a knock on the door and turn to see who it is," Come in,"

The door opens and Ademir, Ara, and Charlie all walk in.

"We got Luci a new phone so if she wakes up soon she can have it." Ara walks over and hands a bag to Ally.

She turns her head and sees Mikey," Mikey you woke up!"

Mikey stands up and walks over to her and gives her a big hug," Hows Luci"

Mikey points to the bed and Ara looks over.

"Oh," Her voice cracks and she walks over. 

Ara's POV

I walk over to Luci and look at her. She had breathing tubes in her nose and lots of wires connecting all over her. She has tons of cuts all over her and her breathing is unsteady. 

I start to cry and I let a tear fall down, and it lands on her cheek. I turn around the look at the rest of the people when I feel something grab my hand. I look down and see Luci holding my hand and she has a slight smile on her face. 

"If I wasn't in so much pain, I'd totally jump up and hug you," She coughs out and smiles at me. 

"All I need really was for you to wake," I smile back. 

I hear slight jogging from behind me and soon enough Mikey is beside me.

"We were just talking about you, Luce. Ademir, Charlie, and Ara got you a new phone and everything" Luci flinches and then sits up a little.

"Jake I've- ohh my" Ally's voice bursts through silence until she sees Luci," I've got pain medication for you, Luci."

Luci chuckles then withdraws a breath, and chuckles a little more," I think laughing is hurting me."

Ally hands her some pills and water," Take these, they should help with the pain."

Luci takes them, and the water and swallows them,"So, in sleep/coma thing, I think I died once or twice."

Ally looks up from her clipboard," Yes, your heart stopped beating two times and one time you just stopped breathing."

"Yeah, I remember people shouting and saying, we can't lose her again, and stuff like that," She shrugs.

"Well, now that both of you are awake we are going to do some tests and see how long until you can go home. Luci, you also have a new phone so if you get bored you can play on it," Ally smiles and walks out of the room," I'll be back I need a nurse and my testing supplies."

***

(I'm going off of what my family has told me and research about crashes and comas and stuff like that, so please if I have anything wrong bear with it. :)  I am also skipping her doing the tests)

"Okay Luci and Mikey, you two can go home in about a week, or two depending on how much you heal, Luci you have a almost healed broken neck so you need to stay in one place and if you need anything press the green button and either A girl named Hunter, or Medenka, or I will come in" Ally pauses," you both will have pain breathing and it will last about another four weeks."

"I'd say you two got it worst out of the crash, and Jake, you also have some bruised and cracked ribs, they will take about four weeks altogether to heal so, well all of you listen, none of you do anything like flips or running or sports for at least two months," Ally looks at everyone then back down at her clipboard.

"So Ara, how is your arm and leg?" Ally looks at me

"Arm is sore but I'm not limping anymore," I smile then add on," I came back to tell you I am out of medicine for my leg and to give you Luci's phone."

"Okay well if your leg it okay then you won't need any more medication, and keep taking the stuff for your arm and if it still hurts in two weeks come back in and tell me," I nod.

------

I feel proud to update for some reason. But I'm glad to have made Luci and Mikey wake up.

 Next chapter will be them in about four weeks and yeah. I have no idea what to do next so If there is no update soon, that may explain it. 

If you guys have any ideas on what to do Comment them, I'll give you credit too. 

I might have them do some youtube videos with the boys and have Charlie become friends with Tyler and Ryan.