Chapter 12.

The sun was bright. Briar rubbed her eyes. For a second she felt like she had gone blind, but it was quickly rectified. Stretching out her arms she looked over to her right to see Asa looking at her with a smirk.

"Good morning." He told her.

"Good morning." She responded.

Briar looked back to the window. The bus wasn't moving. She could see waves hitting a beach. She quickly jumped up and turned to Asa.

"We're here!" She was so happy.

"Yep." Asa was glad to see her like this.

"We're really here!" She couldn't believe it.

They both got up and headed to get off the bus. The old lady was grabbing her bags and the other passenger was already off the bus.

"Let me help you with your bags." Asa went to help the old lady.

"Why thank you young man." The old lady replied.

Briar watched them exit the bus as she made sure that she hadn't left anything behind. She checked under the seats quickly before heading off the bus herself.

Asa waved goodbye to the old lady who was getting in to a taxi, "Have a safe trip home Marybeth."

The old lady waved back at him as she got in. As she drove off, Briar's attention set on the beautiful scenery that surrounded them. On one side there was the bay of Percé and on the other the beautiful town with rolling hills in the distance. Everything was so quaint and quiet. You could hear birds chirp from the trees and the waves slowly rising up onto the sand.

"So did I pick the right place?" He looked to Briar, curious of her response.

"It's perfect." She still looked around everywhere in awe.

"Well I'm glad you like it. I chose it on a whim." Asa looked around too. "Come." He reached out his hand to Briar. "Let's go find somewhere to stay."

Briar grabbed his hand as she threw her bag over her shoulder. Asa picked his bag up too. They walked down route 132 and looked for a place that had a nice feeling, yet that they could still afford.

Looking around, Briar noticed something. "All the signs are in french."

"Yes they are." Asa said sarcastically.

"I don't know french." She was worried. "Do you?"

"Certainement madame. Je crois que nous serons très bien ici." He told her.

Briar eyes grew wide, "I have no idea what you just said, but it was super sexy."

"Vraiment?" He pulled her close to him.

She playfully hit his shoulders, seperating. "Since when do you speak french?"

"I went to a french elementary school." He smiled at her.

She still had a look on her face that showed that she didn't believe him, although he just gave her proof. "Okay." She finally gave in.

"Let's keep going." He motioned with a slight tilt of his head. "I see a place up ahead that I think will be good for us."

She took Asa's hand again and they continued towards a motel that had a black roof and brightly painted side panels. They walked thru the front door to the main office and Asa talked to the lady at the desk. Briar just casually looked around like she wasn't really paying any attention, but she really wanted to understand the conversation. Unfortunetly, she could only pick-up a few words here and there, mostly words that most people knew no mather what.

Asa walked back to her, "I got us a good deal. It's not tourist season yet, so we got a little bit of a discount for the next week."

"Sounds great."She smiled back at him.

"Our room is just up the stairs to the back." He said.

Briar followed him out the door and up the stairs along the side, then walked to the last room at the other end. Asa slipped the key into the lock and opened the door. The room wasn't spectacular, but it was well kept and had a lot of space.

They both dropped their bags on the floor and flopped on to the queen bed. They started laughing, they were just so happy to be there. Briar looked over to Asa. They both watched each other intentively. Briar didn't skip a beat as she rolled over to be on top of him. She leaned down and pressed her lips against his. He moved with her so swiftly. She pulled his shirt off. She leaned back down to him, kissing his neck softly. She slowly moved down his chest. Asa's breath was heavy. He was falling in love with this feeling. The feeling that Briar made him feel every time she touched him.

"We should stop... before I get... too carried away." She said in between her breaths.

"Before you get carried away?!" Asa was the same. "I don't know how I would have been able to stop, but you're right. I still want to wait."

Briar laid back beside him on the bed. He reached out his hand and played with the curls in her hair.

He gave her a quick peck on the lips before getting up. "I saw a corner store across the road. I'll go get us some snacks to keep us going until supper." He put his shirt back on.

Asa walked out of the room and headed towards the store. Briar took a second and stayed on the bed, taking in the comfort. To her, it felt like she was on a cloud. She rolled over and got up. She looked at all the details of the room. She walked over to the sliding door that lead to the balcony. Outside, the sun was still shinning bright. Briar could see the water rising on the beach. The sound of kids splashing in the water wasn't too far either. She stood there for minutes, taking notice of everything she could hear.

Her eyes were still closed, she was relaxed. Then a pair of arms wrapped themselves around her waist.

"I have a surprise for you." Asa whispered in her ear.

Briar turned around to face him. "You do?"

"Come." He took her hand to lead her.