Welcome To Motherhood: A Royal Baby Shower

Prince Christopher POV

I spent the entire morning working on a surprise for my wife. Mother and I worked for months to accomplish it. All her friends were invited. I really hope she likes it. We still don't know the gender of the baby yet. I'm excited to know but Mother knows and won't tell us until the surprise baby shower.

"Christopher, darling where are you?" I heard my wife's sweet voice before she entered the kitchen.

"Hello sweetheart, how did you sleep?" I said kissing her forehead.

"It was great until I woke up alone. I missed you." She said.

"I apologize love but I had business to attend to." I said seriously.

"Is everything alright?" She inquired.

"Yes everything is perfect. I can't wait for this afternoon." I said softly.

"What's happening this afternoon?" She queried.

"That is a surprise my dear but you will love it. I promise." I said.

We sat down to breakfast in the dining room. After a brief prayer we dug in. Watching her fill 2 plates with food was comical. I knew pregnant women can eat but sheesh. I smiled at her barely touching my own food.

"Why are you staring at me Chris?" She said with her fork suspended in midair.

"I am not staring but simply admiring your increasing appetite. Its cute seeing you around food." I said to which she frowned.

"Are you saying I am fat?" She said sternly.

"No of course not my love. You just always eat lightly but since the baby you've enjoyed breakfast. I assume you like strawberry pancakes alot." I said.

"Its these cravings. I actually hate pancakes." She replied.

"Well I love strawberry and blueberry pancakes so that's my fault I guess." I acquiesce.

After breakfast she went back to our bedroom to get dressed for the afternoon. Once she was far enough away I opened the door to the ballroom where everyone was. Family and friends from across the kingdom brought gifts along with sweets for the young royal.

"Christopher, is Cinderella aware of this?" Mother asked.

"No mother she has no clue but I really hope she loves this surprise." I said.

Cinderella POV

Lionel brought me a beautiful white gown. I wondered why I had to dress like this. I never wear a tiara unless its important. Once I was finished I walked through the west wing of the palace. Turning the corner I heard music softly drifting from the ballroom.

The closer I approached it suddenly stopped. That was weird. I turned the handle to enter the very dark room. I looked around not seeing anything or anyone. Again strange because all of the important affairs were held in this room. I turned to exit when a soft purple spotlight landed on me.

"Surprise your Highness, welcome to your baby shower." Lionel spoke and the entire room was illuminated in soft purple, pink and blue lights.

I looked around the ballroom in complete awe. It was breathtaking. Tears slipped down my cheeks as my smile grew behind my hands that covered my face.

 Tears slipped down my cheeks as my smile grew behind my hands that covered my face

"Darling, what's wrong? I thought you would love this

"Darling, what's wrong? I thought you would love this." Chris said embracing me.

"I love this so much, thank you. I'm just crying happy tears." I replied.

I walked around the room greeting everyone. It was an honor to be loved by so many people. I passed by the dessert table and grabbed a plate filling it with so many sweets.

I sat upon my throne next to my husband. I couldn't believe he pulled off such a party. Before I could ask though he turned to me and pointed towards Queen Constantina. I smiled knowingly. Of course she helped, any excuse to plan a huge gathering.

After eating and opening presents we went to the garden. Apparently there was a surprise for us. Only the queen knew the gender of our child. I was secretly hoping for a prince.

"If I could have everyone's attention. First thank you all for joining us to celebrate the new royal child. I was given the pleasure to reveal the gender. I hope everyone has made their guess." Mother said before bringing out a balloon.

We gathered around in a semi circle. As a pin was brought to her. I sucked in a breath as the suspense thickened. Please let me be right.

"On the count of three. 1......2.....3!!!!!!" She exclaimed popping the balloon.

As soon as she did blue confetti feathered through the wind. I immediately started jumping for joy. I was having a boy.

"WE'RE HAVING A SON. OH MY GOSH. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVER!!!!" Christopher exclaimed before wrapping his arms around me.

We twirled around while everyone clapped and cheered. I was going to be the mother of the future king. We went back into the ballroom and danced for a few more hours.

Later that night..........

I was dressed for bed and waiting on my husband. He entered the room smiling. He hasn't stopped since learning the news. I think he's more excited than anyone else.

"Hello my son and darling prince. I love you so much. I can't wait to meet you and tell you the story of how I met your mother. You're a blessed kid. She's truly amazing." He said kissing my stomach. I smiled for the millionth time today.

"I love you Cinderella. This is the second greatest achievement in my life." He said.

"What's the first?" I inquired.

"Marrying you." He said and kissed me.

"Well time to consider his name. I was thinking Tremaine Alexander Michael." I said.

"I was thinking Nicholas Christopher Edward." He said.

"We still have time to finalize his name. I still have 2 months left before his arrival." I said.

"You're right goodnight my loves. Sweet dreams." He said kissing my stomach and my lips.

"Goodnight Chris, I love you." I said snuggling up beside him drifting off.

"I love you more, always and forever." He said drifting off as well.

Well there you have it a little prince is on his way. I'm so excited. What do you think his name should be? Tremaine or Nicholas?

Until next time my loves,

- Queen Liv