Royal Showdown: The Queen Vs. Vivian

Queen Cinderella POV

Tonight we are celebrating Chris and I becoming the monarchs of this country. Once inside our bedroom the first thing I did was remove my crown. I was now being dressed into a white ballgown and gloves. I asked that my sapphire tiara be brought for me to wear as well.

"Just as a warning Vivian will be attending tonight. She was not at the actual coronation but her daughters were." Chris said.

"How lovely I look forward to seeing them. Are the dukes attending as their dates?" I inquired.

"Yes, the twins will be there but I doubt that they are arriving together. I do rather enjoy seeing them find love of their own." He said.

"Oh believe me I am well aware of how much they are adored. Minerva and Calliope speak of nothing else during our visits." I said giggling.

"Your majesties we are ready for you." Lionel said entering the room.

"Well then let the celebration begin." Chris said as we left our bedroom.

Once again we are standing at the doors of the ballroom awaiting Lionel to officially announce our arrival.

"Presenting their majesties, King Christopher and Queen Cinderella." He said as the doors opened.

The applause was quite deafening and seeing a sea of people bow to you is very weird to see from atop of the stairs. We descend and take our seats. Soon the music we heard earlier began again.

I looked to my left to see the dukes and my stepsisters near the dessert table. The conversation must have been going well because shortly thereafter I heard Calliope's infamous laugh permeate the air. I looked to my right to see Vivian enter wearing a rather expensive ballgown. I knew that she was putting up a façade of wealth for her sewing circle. While she was a snob they were pretty humble.

"Are you alright dear?" Chris asked.

"Of course, Vivian can't hurt me anymore." I said with a smile.

"If she tries anything let me know. I will have her banished for harassing the queen." He said kissing my hand.

"She wouldn't dare do anything to humiliate herself even further." I said knowing that was far from the truth.

"Are we talking about the same woman?" Chris inquired smirking.

"I know, I just hope she doesn't. Her friends are here and rumor has it they don't know she has nothing." I said.

"She is one prideful woman but I hope for her sake she learns soon." Chris said before walking away.

I followed suit heading towards the dessert table. I have quite the sweet tooth while carrying our child.

Stepmother Vivian POV

I watched as the king left Cinderella's side. Now was the perfect time to make my presence known. If she thought I would stand idly by as she paraded around as if she had not wronged me, she was sorely mistaken. I excused myself from my friends and head towards the dessert table to confront the little brat.

"Hello girls, you look lovely." I said greeting my daughters.

"Hello mother, are you enjoying yourself this evening?" Minerva asked.

"Yes sweetheart it is quite the magnificent affair. The coronation of a prince and commoner is not a fete to be missed." I said throwing subtle shade at the "queen."

"Whom are you referring to Vivian? I haven't been common in 9 years." Cinderella replied.

"She speaks? What happened to the little mouse that hid behind her husband?" I inquired.