The Majestic Mountains

Prince Christopher POV

My wife and I are preparing to vacation in the mountains. Nick will be staying here with my parents for a few weeks. He's almost 6 years old now. I wish he would slow down on growing up so fast. I treasure everyday we spend together. Who would have thought that at 26 years old I would have a family.

This morning he started his first day of primary school. I hope he doesn't ask too many questions. If he's anything like me his teachers will love him but find him annoying. All of mine did.

"Chris, what's wrong?" My wife asked.

"Nothing sweetheart, I was just thinking. Are you ready to go?" I queried.

"As soon as Lionel takes down my last bag then yes." She said.

I laughed and we walked downstairs. Turning the corner I saw my mother hovering near the stairs. She smiled but I knew she had something to say.

"Yes mother?" I inquire.

"How did you know I wanted to speak to you?" She asked.

"You only hover when you do. So what is it?" I said.

"I just wanted to say I hope you enjoy your trip and anniversary. Your father and I already sent your gift. We love you both very much." She said then hugged us both.

Once we said the rest of our goodbyes, we were on our way to the mountain palace.

Cinderella POV

A few hours later we were in our suite at the palace. I of course was standing on the balcony admiring the mountains. In the beautiful moonlight they seemed almost magical.

"Your Highness, the prince is asking for you to join him in the dining room." Lionel said.

"He could've come himself. What's he planning?" I queried.

"I haven't the slightest idea but if I know him like I claim to, it might have something to do with your anniversary tomorrow." He said while we walked through the hallway.

I entered the room and when I say I was speechless. He had really outdone himself. We've been married for almost 7 years and he still shocks me.

 We've been married for almost 7 years and he still shocks me

"Well, what do you think?" He asked.

"I absolutely love it, thank you." I say placing a kiss on his lips.

Our plates were placed in front of us and I smiled. The chef had prepared my first meal as a princess. Citrus glazed salmon with corn and garlic mashed potatoes. This was paired with a glass of merlot.

I happily ate my food and conversed with my husband. Afterwards dessert was served. New York style cheesecake topped with chocolate covered strawberries. This was just absolutely perfect.

I returned to our bedroom and once again, pleasantly surprised. He had my vanilla scented candles lit and roses all over. I walked into the bathroom to discover he had already prepared my bath.

 I walked into the bathroom to discover he had already prepared my bath

I slipped in and sighed in complete bliss. I reached over and grabbed a strawberry. This was just the type of relaxation I needed. Don't get me wrong I love my title and son but it's stressful. That's why I wanted to get away for a while.

After an hour in the tub I climbed out and walked got dressed for bed. I was ready for a good night's rest. I walked into the bedroom and saw Chris waiting for me.

"Thank you for all of this." I said.

"Anything for my queen. I love you." He responds.

"I love you too." I said and snuggle into his chest.

Prince Nicholas POV

I looked out at the mountains from my window. I wonder what our home looks like up there. Father promised we could go for my birthday. Mother absolutely loves it. I hope they have fun.

"Alright Nick, it's time for bed. You have school tomorrow." Grandmother said.

"Do you think I would be able to send them a present?" I inquire.

"Of course darling. We can work on it together if you like." She replied.

"Okay tomorrow after school. I want to go shopping in the village. Maybe I can find the fabrics as well as other gifts." I said.

"Sure, why not. I can send Lillian with you and a few guards. You need protection young one. However now it's time for bed. So let's get you tucked in." She said.

"Okay, I love you. Tell grandfather I love him too." I reply climbing under the covers.

"We love you too sweetheart. Pleasant dreams." She said kissing my forehead.

I return the kiss on her cheek and smile as she leaves my room. The next few weeks with my grandparents will be fun. Grandfather always takes me to the lake so we can fish. He said that when he was little he would go with his dad and when my father was little they would go every summer. I mean technically we do it for fun. We don't intend to eat the fish.

Grandmother and I host small gatherings. She loves parties. In fact she's planning one for my parents anniversary. Set for the evening they get back. That's why I wanted to go to the markets. I plan to give them two different gifts.

I can feel my eyes getting heavy. I slowly drift off into peaceful slumber.

Hey loves,

I gave little Prince Nicholas his first POV. He's such a sweet child but I think he needs a sibling. What do you guys think?

Can you believe that this is their 7th wedding anniversary? I mean it was just a few chapters ago they were married. I want to cry 😢.

Well guess who's making an appearance soon?

That's right Vivian!

I told you I wasn't finished with my revenge on her. *laughs evily*

I think I might add in the stepsisters too. They need to find them some men. I haven't decided yet though.

Anyways, I won't take forever to write the next chapter. I might even have it done this weekend.

Until next time darlings........

-Queen Liv