The Coronation Of A New King

Prince Christopher POV

Today is the most nervous I have been in my entire life. Not even getting married 9 years ago was filled with this much anxiety. The crown will be on my head.

I will be the sovereign while my wife will be queen consort. Does that mean she isn't allowed to govern the people? No of course not it just means she isn't the bloodline royal.

The weight of that responsibility is impossible to ignore. I had to practice holding my head straight with the Imperial State Crown for weeks. It weighs about 5 pounds and the gleam from it will blind you. Cinderella also has an Imperial Empress Crown that weighs about the same. I also have to hold the Orb of Kings past and the Sceptre of Grace while she will hold the queen equivalent.

I know for sure that my wife is extremely nervous. She has to wear the coronation dress that also has significant weight to it. The entire kingdom will be present at our coronation this afternoon.

I had the pleasure of seeing the guest list and yes, Vivian will attend with her daughters. I was pleased to see she let her pride down to see such a momentous occasion.

"Son, are you ready? Do I need to explain anything else to you before the ceremony?" Father asked entering my room.

"No, I believe I understand how this works. I must admit to having some reservations though." I replied.

"Don't worry. Your mother and I will be here to guide you. Its not like we are leaving the kingdom." He said.

"What makes you so sure I can do this? You were much older than I was when the crown was passed to you." I queried.

"I knew you ready the day you said to us that you wouldn't marry anyone other than your wife. Why do you think we agreed to let you search? We knew that she was something special." He said with a smile.

"He's right, you can be quite stubborn when it comes to getting what you want." Mother said entering.

"I am not stubborn just decisive." I replied.

"Christopher, you are definitely stubborn but in a great way. You will be an amazing king just as Cinderella will be an amazing queen." She said embracing me.

"Thank you both for such kind words and vote of confidence. I will see you both in a few hours." I said kissing her cheek.

They left my room and went back to the east wing of the palace. Believe it or not the official chambers for the king has been renovated. My wife wanted it to match our current bedroom. Even our thrones have changed from purple and gold to red and gold. My name once I am crowned will end with regnant while my wife's regina.

A few hours later Lionel appears holding the coronation suit. I allow him to dress me and make sure that all necessary medals are placed in their proper place. The last piece of jewelry is the king's seal. A ring of gold with diamonds to be worn on the pinky of my left hand. I won't be in the actual coronation cape until the crown is placed on my head by the archbishop.

I walked out of the room for the last time as Prince Christopher down the hall to meet my wife at the entrance to the ballroom.

"Darling you look absolutely beautiful. Ready to do this?" I inquired.

"As ready as I will ever be." She replied.

The double doors open as the coronation fanfare begins. The archbishop and cardinals gather to my left just beyond the doors. They bow once we have crossed the threshold. I take my wife's hand in my right and begin our descent of the stairs to the awaiting thrones in the center of the room.