Chapter 9

Chapter 9

P.O.V Margaret

I finally got off the couch and decided it was time to go to work. I have a great job. I own a boutique downtown called Margaret's Market. I sell women's clothes. The great thing about it is, I make everything myself. White women and black women all come in. That's the beauty of my store. Here is where I don't feel different I feel at home, at peace. I walked into the store where I saw some of my workers greeting customers and making sales.

"Hi Margaret!"One said.

"Good morning Margaret!" Another said.

A sigh of relief washed over me when I saw my friend and co-worker Caroline. She is a 29 year-old white woman with brown hair and brownish eyes.

"So how is Addie" she asked me as I made my way to the counter.

"She's okay I guess. I didn't say much to her this morning." I saw smiling at her.

Caroline and I have been friends for a while, she was one of the first white people to see me as me. Caroline and I run the shop together. She's even Addison's Godmother. Caroline is one of my best friends.

"So did you meet the principal?" She questioned. I was quiet for a second remembering the handsome brown eyed man.

"Yes he was very nice." I stated.

"Well I'm glad you finally found a good school." She said lightening up the mood.

"We will see how things go." I brought to her attention.

"Things are gonna change soon Margaret. Just wait!" the fact that she is looking on the brighter side the situation is great for me.

Just as she said that a beautiful brown haired woman walked though the door. She looked so familiar. Then it hit me that was Liam's wife.

"Caroline. You see that woman that just walked in?" I asked

"Yeah? What about her?" She question

"That's Liam's wife" I told her.

"Wow! She looks great." As she said this his wife walked up to the counter.

"Hi! I was wondering if you sold any day dresses?" She asked in a soft tone.

"Of course." I choked "follow me" I took her over the dresses and told her about how make them and what they are made out of.

"This one is too darling, may I?" She asked in the sweetest tone

"Of course you can!" I said too excited for my own sake. I kept thinking what if she remembers who I am then what?

"Well what do ya think?" I was taken aback by her question was she asking for my opinion?

"You look great ma'am." I said.

"Please darling call me Sophia." What is up with these Payne's and me calling them by their first name. It was weird but also calming.

"I'll take it! Oh and I never did catch your name." She said right before she went back behind the curtain.

"Margaret." I told her. A look of surprise went across her face.

"You own this place don't you?" She asked with a smile on her face.

"Yes I do!" I stated with pride.

"Well looks like I'll be back here soon." She winked at me. After she changed out of the dress she made her way the the front counter.

"That will be $8 please ma'am" (prices were cheaper back then).

"Here" she said handing me the money. I put the dress in the bag and handed it to her.

"Thank you my husband is just going to love it."

Hellllooooooo!!!
Hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Bye we are double updating today! Chapter 10 will be up later today!!! We love you and thanks do much for reading! Don't forget to vote!! If you like the story tell your friends to read it!! Have a good day!!
-Arianna and Nadine