Chapter 24

Margaret P.O.V.

"Momma, I can explain." Addison says walking up to me.

"Layla, if you knew what was good for you right now you would hush." I threaten her.

"Yes ma'am." she says looking down at the floor.

I direct my attention to the the handsome gentleman standing nervously in my living room.

"And you are?" I ask him.

He jumps a little and walks towards me sticking his hand out.

"Hi, Miss Hayes, I'm Harry, Harry Styles...Addison's..uh...friend." he tells me shaking my hand.

"I see...and Mr. Styles, why might I add, are you at my house in the middle of a school day?"

"Well you see, Miss Hayes, I was just checking on Addison, I was..concerned." he tells me and I believe him.

"Well she's fine, you may leave."

"Momma, please-" my daughter begins to protest.

"Addison, enough." I sternly say, "walk your friend to his car and come back in to finish your homework."

She looks up at me pleading with me with her eyes, but realises I won't budge.

"C'mon Harry." she says to her guest.

They walk to the door and Harry walks back over to me shaking my hand once more.

"Nice meeting you." he says smiling at me.

My that boy has a nice smile.

I watch them as they walk to his car. Addison stands by him closely as he opens his car door. Before getting in he grabs my daughter by her hand and twirls her around. I look at my daughter and how big she's smiling, if I know better that boy ain't no friend of her's, she loves him. He twirls her into his arms and hugs her tight, kissin' her on her forehead. She kisses him back on his cheek and he smiles down at her finally letting go of her hand and getting into his car. She steps back and waves as he drives away. I look over at Liam.

"She loves him."

"What?" he asks me confused.

"Addison loves that boy."

Addison comes back in not acknowledging anybody.

"Addison." I say.

"I'm just doing what I'm told, Momma." she tells me.

"That doesn't mean you ignore people's presence, say hello to Mr. Payne."
She turns to us.

"hi."

She turns back around and we hear her room door slam.

I sigh and sit down on my couch while Mr. Payne lets out a chuckle. He sits down next to me rubbing my back gently.

"What am I gonna do with her?"

"It'll pass, teenagers...well..they just suck."

We both laugh and I swat his arm as if to say, 'you're an idiot'. He looks at his watch and his facial expression changes rapidly.

"Lunch is almost up at the school so I've gotta head back. I'll see you later tonight?" he asks me kissing me on the cheek then getting up.

"...Liam?" I call out to him as he opens my front door to leave.

He turns around.

"Yes?"

"We can't keep doing this."

"I know."

"Don't come tonight."

"I can't make any promises, Margaret."

Before I could reply, he left shutting the door behind him. Leaving me standing alone in my living room.

"Can't keep doing what?" Addison asks startling me.

Or so I thought.