Chapter 14

Chapter 14
P.O.V. Addison

"Why do you come up here?" I ask Harry as we take a seat onto the floor.

"It's peaceful." He tells me.

"Look, I'm sorry about...you know calling you a nigg-"

"Don't say it. It's okay." I say interrupting
him.

"So." He's says.

I laugh at the uncomfortableness of the situation.

"So." I say back.

"We should talk about that project don't cha think?" He asks.

I nod at him smiling. The first bell rings. I start to get up but he pulls me back down.

"Harry I need to get to class." I tell him.

"Just stay." He says to me.

I nod and we sit together just talking. This is what we did. We would skip 1st period and just sit in the green room and talk. We've done this for the past 2 months. We got an A on our project and Harry wouldn't tease me when his friends would. The green room was our little spot. Harry told me about him and his family. His father comes from Southern money. His fathers great grandfather was a very wealthy slave tradesman and he owned the largest plantation in the south. He was also known to be kind to his slaves, except when they disobeyed him. Harry's mother also comes from Southern money. His parents met when they were both in college and married right out of it. After they settled down they had Gemma, Harry's sister and a couple years later they had Harry. Harry really isn't like his friends. He told me how Louis and him have been best friends forever and how Sara and him started dating. He was, well, different. There's something about him. Something special.

"Hey there stranger!" He says winking at me.

"Morning."

"You alright?"

"I guess"

"Addison, don't lie to me. What's wrong?" He nags.

I take a breath and roll my eyes.

"I'm just sick of the name calling and racial slurs. I've been here two months. That's a long time. Should they be used to me being black already?" I rant.

"Things will change. Soon." He says to rubbing my back.

"I don't know Harry. What if things never change?"

"They will. People thought slavery would never end, but it ended. This will all end soon." He assures me.

I nod. All of a sudden Sara, Abigail, and Louis come through the door. Shit. I knew this wouldn't last.

"What the Hell are you doing with that nigger?" Sara says trying to keep calm but obviously failing.

"Are you cheating on me...with a nigger?!" She screams.

"No...no we have to work on a project." Harry says to her.

"Come on man, why are you even workin together with her? How can you stand to be around her for so long?" Louis says to Harry.

"It's not like I have a choice. Mr. Warren won't let me work with anyone else." Harry tells his friends.

"Let's go Harry." Sara snaps.

"I have to finish this project, Sara so you need to wait." Harry snaps back at her.

"Harry Styles. Let's go." She says gritting her teeth.

"No. You will not speak to me like that." He says to her.

She huffs and storms out of the room. Abigail following close behind.

"Stop hanging out with the nigger." Louis says warning him.

"And as for you. Stay away from him." Louis says to me gritting his teeth.

My breathing hitches and I start to cry.

"Hey. No don't cry. They aren't gonna do anything to you." Harry says grabbing my arm.

"No. Harry we can't be friends anymore. Your friends hate me. They'll torture me even more. I have to go." I pick up my stuff from the floor and start to leak towards the door. Harry grabs my wrist and pulls me to him. Without breaking eye contact he takes my books from my hands and sets them back onto the floor.

"Addie." He says while wiping the tears away from my face with the pad of his right thumb.

He leans closer to me staring at my lips. I stare at his eyes as he's towering over me.

"Harry?" I say questioning him.

He puts his left hand on the small of my back pulling me closer to him. I try and resist but I give in.

"Don't." I say to him as my eyes start to water again.

He smiles at me cupping my cheek in his right hand. He places a kiss on to my lips. He looks at before kissing me again. The kiss sends adrenaline through me causing my body to heat up. He kisses me a third time an I kiss him back. His lips are soft and gentle. I find it funny how my first kiss is with a white boy. I stop the kiss an step back from him. Covering my mouth. I liked the fact that he was kissing me. This wasn't right. I had to leave.

"I have to go." I say picking up my books.

"What? Did I do something wrong?" He asks me frowning.

"I have to go." I say walking out the door.

"Addison! Wait!" He yells.

Hi guys!
Sorry we didn't update last night! Im on spring break as of today so I promise everything will be updated on time! We wanted to speed up the process because it had been two day and we already had like 10 chapters so I hope this doesn't confuse anybody. I hope you like this chapter. This is sort of the turning point of the story. Please comment suggestions we are open to it! We want to hear your opinions! But other than that enjoy!! P.S. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE VOTES AND READS KEEP VOTING AND READING. WE LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH THANK YOU FOR READING OUR STORY!! -Nadine and Arianna