Chapter 19

Normani and Ally were cuddled up on the two seater, Dinah was sitting in the recliner and Lauren and Camila were sitting on the other two seater, Dinah just put in despicable me 2 and Lauren was fidgeting with the remote in order to start the movie. ‘I’m hungry’ Camila said as she looked up at Lauren with puppy dog eyes. Lauren chuckled at the sight of the girl in her lap, she stood up and handed Camila the remote ‘don’t start it until I’m back’ she disappeared for a minute before walking back in with the house phone in her hand. ‘I’m ordering pizza!’ she exclaimed ‘OH! Two pizza taco for us!’ Dinah and Normani exclaimed in unison, ‘pepperoni pizza, please’ Camila told her with a sweet smile before Lauren turned to Ally. Ally look at Lauren with an unconvincing smile ‘I’m not hungry’ she told her ‘you sure?’ Lauren knitted her eyebrows together in confusion. Normally Ally would eat almost as much as Camila, ‘I had a big lunch’ she told her with a grin before turning back to the television screen, ‘alright..’.

It didn’t take long for the pizza guy to arrive, and Lauren couldn’t help noticing Ally glancing hungrily around her ‘want a slice?’ she heard Camila speak from her lap. Camila must have noticed Ally’s weird behaviour since normally Camila doesn’t share her food, Ally politely declined the offer and did her best to keep her attention fixed on the movie.

‘Are you ok?’ Camila asked as she approached the girl who was currently pouring herself a drink in the kitchen. Ally heard the sound of Camila’s crutches approaching her and secretly hoped that she would just get a drink and walk back but sadly enough that wasn’t the case. ‘y-yeah’ Ally said with the worst fake smile ever, she just couldn’t handle the jealousy, the thought of Lauren not loving her in the same way as she did was too much for her. Lauren made her feel worthless and self conscious even though the girl didn’t do anything, so Ally couldn’t even blame her for anything. ‘Are you sure?’ Camila questioned again, Ally just nodded in response not trusting her voice. ‘You just seemed.. angry?’ Camila continued ‘you’ve been acting kind of weird all day, are you still tired?’ Ally balled her fist and her knuckles slowly started to turn white. Camila was so kind, so pretty, so.. helpful, was that what Lauren loved about her? Because she cares about everyone? Because she’s stick thin? ‘We were kind of worried you know..’ Camila finished, there it is again worried.

Ally clenched her jaw, anger boiling inside, she didn’t even know what she was angry about. Because the now smaller girl was so damn flawless? Because she herself wasn’t good enough? ‘I’m fine, ok’ Ally said through gritted teeth before grabbing her glass and pushing past the smaller girl, she wasn’t even two steps further when she heard the sound of crutches clattering against the tile’s of the kitchen floor followed by a scream. Ally’s eyes widened when she realised what she had just done, ‘fuck!’ she exclaimed as she turned around. Camila’s crutches were on the floor with Camila.. She was laying on her stomach while she held her forehead with her hands.

‘What happened?’

‘The fuck is going on?’

‘what was that sound?’

Dinah, Normani and Lauren yelled at the same time when they entered the kitchen, ‘FUCK CAMZ!’ Lauren screamed as she let herself fall to her knees next to her friend who was still on the floor. The room was completely silent expect for Camila’s sobs. ‘Ally did you just push her?’ Dinah asked in disbelief. ‘I-I..’ Ally couldn’t even believe herself what she had just done ‘It was an accident..’ she mumbled. ‘WHO PUSHES SOMEONE ON CRUTCHES ALLYSON’ Lauren screamed, but lowered her voice when she felt Camila cringe, Ally flinched at the use of her full name and tears started to stream down her face ‘I can’t help my feelings’ she said through gritted teeth with tears rolling down her cheeks before walking upstairs towards the bathroom.