Chapter 14

It’s been a month since Camila woke up from her coma, and everything was going great. She started walking therapy two weeks ago, and she went to see a therapist three times a week because of her nightmares. Lauren’s cut turned into scars, and she also still went to therapy twice a week.

Camila would be released any time soon, she will have to continue her walking therapy and muscles exercises at home, but she was doing great. She could walk certain distances with crutches but with big distances she would have to use her wheelchair. She even tried without crutches, but sadly enough she fell after six steps, but it was still a huge improvement. The girls visited her almost every day after school, but even though they liked visiting Camila who would always tell them very happily about new improvements and things she did, it was kind of exhausting for them to go to school, visit Camila and make homework. Luckily Christmas break starts in four days, they were hoping that Camila would be released before Christmas break so she wouldn’t have to spend Christmas in the hospital.

Being released also meant that Camila could go back to school with some help, she’d been trying to catch up with her schoolwork during the last month. She was doing pretty well, especially since she had four friends who were willing to help her, she was only a little bit behind so according to miss. Lovato she should be able to start school again together with the other students after Christmas break, if -and only if- she will continue her schoolwork during the break so she would be equally as far as the other students. Camila loved school, so it wasn’t exactly hard for her to catch up, especially since she had a lot of free time now.

The thought of Camila coming back to school made the girls wonder how their peers would react, they’d been asked a lot about Camila’s recovery, and a lot of students wondered when she would come back. Some students of Camila’s advanced math and advanced English classes had send her get well cards and some even visited her, but sadly she had to drop her advanced classes after Christmas break since they would be too hard to catch up with and they weren’t sure if she could handle them because of the brain injury. The brain damage caused some trouble concentrating and memorising and she also still suffered from headaches which may cause her difficulties in school.

Today was Tuesday which meant the girls had early dismissal, this time Lauren was the one to drive them to the hospital. They took turns in driving, Monday was Ally’s turns, Tuesday Lauren’s, Wednesday Normani’s, Thursday Dinah’s and Friday was Ally’s turn again, but the five of them decided that when Camila was a hundred percent again and when she got her driver’s license, Friday would be her turn.

‘Hey how are you feeling?’ Lauren asked when they entered the hospital room, Camila was sitting up in the bed with a sad smile on her face, ‘Hey’ she said trying to sound as happy as she could. ‘Something wrong?’ Lauren asked her when she saw the girl’s expression, ‘I will be released Friday’ Camila told them and they all cheered ‘That’s great dawg!’ Dinah said as she hugged the girl. ‘Yeah..’ Camila mumbled as she fidgeted with her fingers, ‘why aren’t you happy, you’ve been gushing about being released nonstop for the past two weeks’ Lauren asked her as she sat down next to her. ‘I know, it’s just.. they told me I have to go to a children’s home.. I think it ‘s the same as an orphanage’ Camila mumbled and tears started to sting behind her eyes again. This shocked Lauren and clearly the other girls to since they all gasped, if Camila had to go to an orphanage that meant that there was a big chance that they would never see each other again. Lauren adjusted her position so she was sitting Indian style across of Camila, she brought her hands up and cupped the smaller girls face, ‘Listen’ she told her firmly ‘You aren’t going anywhere alright, I won’t let them take you..’ she said, and after some time of silence an idea popped into her head ‘you know.. I don’t think my parents would mind taking you in..’ she mumbled and shot the girl a hopeful look. Camila glanced up at Lauren with an astonished look on her face, she was looking at her with a hopeful looking probably hoping for her to say yes, or that her parents would agree to her plan. ‘No Lauren.. She already has three children’ She told her as she removed Lauren’s hands from her cheek, ‘oh come on, you came over every day before the accident, you practically lived with us already’ Lauren told her jokingly. It was true, Camila spend most of her time at the Jauregui household, mostly because when she left Clara, Michael or Lauren’s siblings always told her to visit again, Clara told her numerous times that she was also part of their family just like the other three girls. Camila didn’t even hear the rest of Lauren’s rambling until her hand touched her knee ‘..and we have two spare rooms so that shouldn’t be a problem at all..’ she was about to continue but Ally cut her off, ‘Lauren give Mila some space, don’t force her into things alright, let her decide herself.’ Lauren frowned but Camila quickly changed that ‘no, no it’s alright.. if your parents are ok with it, it’s better than going to an orphanage right?’ she told them jokingly.