Chapter 23

‘Hurry up!’ Ally told Dinah who still wasn’t ready using the straightener. Ally, Dinah and Normani were cramped in the small guest bathroom while Lauren and Camila were using the ones connected to their bedroom. They just got back and they had to hurry since it took them a little longer to get everyone’s stuff at their houses than they expected. Austin had yet to come back, he insisted on walking to his place and then coming back otherwise it would’ve taken even longer. Ally, Dinah, Normani and Austin were all sleeping over at Lauren’s and Camila’s since Papa and Mama J were going on a road trip with Taylor and Chris for the weekend.

Not much later Austin got back, he placed his bag in the living room were the other bags were also located. He sat down at the top of the stairs waiting for the girl’s to get out in case they were changing.

‘Is it because you want to prove Grace a point?’

‘I can do this, please!’

He could hear Lauren and Camila bicker in Camila’s bedroom, he slowly got up and approached the door, he knocked softly and waited for an answer that didn’t come. He opened the door to see Lauren and Camila sitting on the bed already finished ‘what’s going on?’ he asked as he sat down on the bed. ‘Camz wants to leave her crutches at home’ Lauren told him ‘I can do it..’ Camila mumbled. ‘I believe you Mila’ Austin said and received a glare from Lauren, ‘how about this, you take the crutch with you, but I will keep it for you until you need it?’ he suggested and Lauren seemed to accept with it ‘alright..’ Camila told him with a frown.

‘I look like a midget!’ Camila whined as they stood in front of the large mirror in the hallway. Of course she wasn’t able to wear heels like the other girls so she was wearing her black chucks. Camila was wearing a blue turtleneck with faux leather high waisted shorts and glittered tights, Ally was wearing a blue bodycon dress, Dinah was wearing a leather peplum shirt with a pencil skirt, Normani was wearing a lacy inset romper while Lauren was wearing a black bandeau dress. Austin was just wearing black jeans with his white supra sneakers and a white v-neck. ‘Rather a midget than losing your balance and falling’ Ally told her with a genuine smile. Austin grabbed Camila’s crutch and linked arms with the girl, they walked out of the house followed by the other four girls.

Drew lived about five minutes away from Lauren and Camila so they decided to go by foot so they didn’t have to argue about who was going to stay sober. The place was already packed when they arrived, Drew welcomed them when they entered the three story house, he led them to the kitchen and left with his friends again afterwards. Dinah and Austin came up with the idea to do shots, they sat down on the bar stools in the kitchen while Austin and Dinah prepared some shots. They handed all of them six shots and took a seat themselves too ‘first one to finish wins!’ Austin called over the music, ‘they’re pretty strong!’ Dinah said with a smirk. Ally counted from three to zero and once she reached zero all of them reached out towards the first shot glass. This was Camila’s first time drinking and it gave her a burning sensation in her throat but they tasted good, of course Lauren was the first to finish and she cheered as she stuck out her tongue at the rest of them. The rest of them finished their shots and followed Lauren outside. Camila was doing pretty good without her crutch but Austin decided to stay close to her just in case. They sat down in the grass outside and watched the guys handling the barbeque. Sometime later Dinah and Austin got up, Dinah went inside again for god knows what while Austin went to get some burgers for the girls. He returned not much later with six paper plates with a burger on it, he handed each of them one and patiently waited for Dinah to return. She returned not much later with six red cups and some booze, ‘what are you planning on doing with that’ Lauren questioned with a smirk ‘I was thinking we could play a game, how about Never Have I Ever’ Dinah told them and of course they all agreed.