六。six

" 생각한 것보다 훨씬 더 많이 아팠어 "
It hurts more than I expected
- Astro; Growing Pains.

Ξ

That day, hyerin was neither in class nor at home, in fact, she was at a place no one knew, except for him - The pavilion just outside school. Hyerin sat in the pavilion taking in deep breaths as she tried to clear her mind. But the more she tried to ignore, the more disturbed she was, that scene simply kept replaying itself in her mind. Just then, she felt someone's presence beside her. Looking up, her gaze met with his.

" we are over aren't we? Did you manage to complete what you wanted to? "

Daniel merely shrugs his shoulders,

" mhm thanks to you for being extremely cooperative, I managed to win the game of who gets your heart first. "

He replied with a matter-of-fact tone.

Wai-wait what? Game?

His answer resounded in her mind, making her originally confused mind further distressed. Her thoughts somehow became her speech.

" ga-game? "

" so I was just a game to you? "

" my feelings were a fucking game to you? "

Hyerin stuttured as she rose from her seat. She didn't know why either; why she was so disturbed and frustrated to find out that everything he did was just for a stupid game, including shaking her heart up.

" why? You've developed feelings for me? "

Daniel laughed as the sides of his eyes crinkled, teasing the latter. Her hands naturally sent a hard slap over his face, an action even hyerin never knew she was never capable of doing.

" no. Fuck no. You are so disgusting, so damn disgusting. "

Hyerin shook her head, before tilting her head backwards, not wanting tears to fall, but they still spilled out anyway. It was then followed by silence, until Hyerin decided to take a step closer to him. She raised her fingers and jabbed his chest hard.

" I didn't know you were a boy like this. "

She whispered, loud enough for him to hear. This was when Daniel raised his hands, using his thumb to wipe off her tears. As soon as his touch landed on her skin, a shiver was sent down her spine. She was disgusted. Utterly disgusted.

" Get your filthy hands off me. "

Hyerin hissed as she smacked his fingers away, sending him a glare as she sweeped the back of her palms across her eyes.

" I don't know why did I split myself open for someone who would never even bother to show me the thread, nor provide me with the needle. "

Hyerin continued, her voice shaking.

" get out of my life. "

Maybe God was tearing up for her tragic love story, may be God was teasing her. Dark clouds loomed over the sky, like a blanket. The moment hyerin took a step out of the shelter, it started to drizzle, turning into a heavy downpour.

Hyerin ignored the torrents that slammed mercilessly against her pale skin, she was literally drenched from head to toe, dripping wet. Every trudge she took got heavier and heavier, like her heart. With every step that she advanced, it was like a step further from him. But she still continued braving the rain. The water on her face, it was hard to differentiate if it was her tears, or the rain. Perhaps both.

Hyerin never looked back, or rather, she didn't dare to, in fear that she may seem weak and easy to the boy. This couldn't be how it was going to end. It couldn't end with him just standing in the pavilion. It couldn't end just with Hyerin looking like a complete fool who seemed to be so damn affected by this whole drama.

The whole time with the raindrops splashing on her, her whole mind was filled with scenes in which k-dramas had. The male lead begging the female lead to stay. Her whole life wasn't a k-drama. In fact, it was far more pathetic from it.

He never came, neither did his heart.

" you're such a fucking mess Kim Hyerin. "

She mumbled to herself.

This is not love is it?

Should I discontinue this story since it's not really getting better sigh ))): sorry for the late update btw! I fell asleep (":