十一。eleven

" I'm not too sure. "

Daniel gave a bitter laugh as words fell out of his mouth like vapour but pierced through her heart as shrapnel. Hyerin could feel her insides tear, and blood drained from her face. She would have laughed that off easily, but his eyes are dead serious. Daniel reached into his pockets, producing a shiny metal that was a prove of their love. He dropped the metal chain, and Hyerin let it fell as soon as its weight hit her palm.

There is the hard sound of metal on the ground, but neither of them moved to pick it up. There she was, trying to understand the words he had said. Four simple words, yet hyerin's mind refused to process them. He must love me, he has been loving me, and to be honest I think he's the only one that ever has. Without saying anything else, Daniel turned around, brushing his shoulders against hers

Hyerin witnessed him walking away from her, shoulders sunken and his hands in his pockets. Before she knew what, she was standing in his way and they locked eyes, the perfect distance for a kiss, but he shook his head.

" it's not going to work. "

Without even knowing, hyerin found herself sending a slap across his face. In her whole life, she had only slapped people twice ; and he was her both times. Tears streamed down her pale face like no tomorrow. Her loose shoulders shook, her hands hanging low, making no attempt to conceal or even wipe away her own tears. 

" it? Our relationship was just a ' it ' to you? Wow. Kang Daniel, you're really one of a kind. "

Hyerin snapped sarcastically as she shook her head disapprovingly. Daniel turned around, back-facing her as he continued to walk away.

" WHAT TYPE OF BREAK UP IS THIS? "

Hyerin screamed after him.

" sorry. "

He replied, with absolutely no emotions or anything, leaving hyerin alone to watch his lonesome back turn against her.

" YOU CAN'T JUST FUCKING WALK INTO MY LIFE AND WALK OUT OF IT AS IF WE NEVER FUCKING EXISTED. "

Hyerin yelled after him, her face turning red because of anger and frustration. Her whole mind was in a whirl, it was like someone constantly hitting the back of her head.

" I invented every stupid excuse for staying. Every single fucking thing you did, I convinced myself that you still loved me. But you kept breaching that trust. And I still tried to ignore them, like a lovesick fool; like a drug addict dying from an overdose. Even if you're the one who killed me, I would still make an apology for you to use. If you had to really leave, at least give me a fucking beautiful lie, "

Hyerin paused,

" or never come into my life in the first place. "

she sobbed, barely audible.

Daniel stopped in his tracks. For a moment, hyerin held her breath, ready to hold him in her embrace once again. She wanted to desperately call out to him and kneel down, begging him not to leave. She could absolutely not imagine life without his presence.

" you can't fucking steal my feelings and not take responsibility for them "

Hyerin cried after him.

" that's why I'm returning them back to you. "

Daniel replied, back still facing her.

" You fucking left me all alone for months; no text, nothing. And you come barging into my life again, asking for a break up without any fucking legit reason or any shit. "

Hyerin screeched, sobbing so hard that she could feel every breath she took pounding hard against her chest, as though her rib cage were about to burst.  Daniel took a step forward, dropping his head as he willed his feet to take another step forward. He knew he was selfish and cowardly; the fact that he let go of his love because of a stupid reason.

Little did she know that he was splitting himself up as well. Little did she know, everything he said from the day they met was a lie. As soon as his silhouette disappeared from sight, all hyerin could remember was that she was consumed by total darkness as her limbs gave way.

Just which part of me is not worth your love?

It's national day tmw so it's a holiday (": a quick update!! Thanks for all your supports and votes 🙂🍑💙