Chapter 28

Tiffany apologized for what and how she was acting on that day. It's all she could ever say whenever we talk, "I'm sorry I did this," or "I'm sorry I acted like that and said that."

I'm not saying it's bad or annoying, I'm not picking a side on those two categories. I'm saying it's both. No matter how many times I say, 'I forgive you' she doesn't believe me. Not one bit. I guess it's understandable...

My parents decided that they didn't want me to go to school. I was already fit for work. I just didn't want to at the moment, besides I have a plan... I think.

I'll just play things like it's all okay and I'm happy to be living here again. Even though it'll hurt me more, it'll help them for the time being. Then I can go back when Eli and Reed come to visit. May be a while though. Who knows how long it'll take them. Oh well, I'm not gonna whine and fuss over them taking their time.

Reed practically owns my apartment for now until I get it back. The rent money was pretty expensive, just to be safe I told him where the secret stash was and he was only supposed to use it for bills and grocery. That's basically it. I mean he can use the money for his own purposes too, but I just want to make sure he uses it wisely. Not blow it all off in one go. To be truthfully honest, there's thousands of dollars stashed away in there. So it shouldn't be a huge problem.

"Kailey!" The maid peeked her head through the door.

I turned around from my bed and looked straight at her. My bed was in the middle of the room while my other stuff just stands against the wall, or somewhere else in the room. I could really care less. She helf a envelope in her hands and quickly walked towards me. "You have mail from... L.A...." She held out the envelope to me.

I raised an eyebrow in suspicion and thanked her as she left my room. 'An envelope?' I asked and studied the front for a bit. The address was for my house here, my name was on it, and... it came from my apartment address? Reed? Why would he send me a letter and not through text? He has my number anyways. With curiosity already over my head, I opened the envelope, "Tsk! Fucking paper cuts!" I cursed at the envelope and placed my index finger on my pants, "Marry!" I called the previous maid that just came in my room.

The door slightly opened and she came rushing in with fear in her eyes, "yes m'am?" She asked.

I showed her my finger that dropped a tad but of my blood. She gasped and seemed as though she was going to faint any minute.

"Oh..." I realized, Marry hates the sight of blood.

She quickly took a deep breath and fished out a bandage in her dress pocket. A small hello kitty bandage. She took the bandage out of it's wrap and held the trash in her hand as she wrapped it around my finger, her smile was all that could tell me she's glad I wasn't really that hurt. "Thank you!" I said.

She bowed and left my room. Once she closed the door, I looked back at the letter and took out the folded paper.

"Kailey,

Hey! Sorry I couldn't text you. I don't want you to have it and delete it right after or something. So.... good news! Me and Eli are best buds again! YEAH! I know that's what you wanted anyways. he and I got along again because we both want you to be happy and for the fact that I was tired of the awkward silence between us... but yeah!

 -Reed"

My heart felt so warm by just those words. Him and Eli are truely friends again. Because of me... mostly because of me... I understand the awkward silence thing - but... I don't know. Should I feel good about this? 

[Sorry if I haven't updated in a while. Also sorry this might be kinda short... or so, but I couldn't think of what to put in this chapter. But here's a cliff hanger for the next chapter.]

~next chapter~

"Honestly, do you even know how to run the family business?" He snickered at the doorway.

I held in what I wanted to say and just felt like socking him in the face! Who is he to be talking like that to me in the first place!? I opened my mouth and before anything can be said he interrupted without even looking back at me, "Oh and... one more thing..."

[That's all XD ahaha seeya!!!]