Page 24

Melissa's Pov
I woke up and I looked to my left and saw Matthew, I was confused at first and then remember what happened. I looked at my phone I had 60 missed calls and I focused on the text I had from Josh

J-meet me at the park tomorrow at 12pm just us I wanna tell you what's going on since no one will
Sent at 3:26am

M-Alright
Sent at 11:39am

I got up and shook Matthew "What?" He asked "Josh texted me to meet him in the park, he's gonna tell me what's going on" I said and played with my phone as I flipped it in my hands over and over again. "Ok just be careful and text me if anything goes wrong" He said and kissed my forehead and got back in bed. I smiled and nodded. I went into the bathroom and showered and changed into that

I went downstairs and I saw that Matthew's mom had already left for work

I went downstairs and I saw that Matthew's mom had already left for work. I walked out and walked to the park that was near our house. I saw Josh sitting down on his phone waiting for me. I walked toward him and sat. "So now will someone tell me what the hell his going on?" I asked and rolled my eyes. "So basically It's a few things the first is Tyler told us that you're still depressed and also umm we got a call from the hospital and your dad was murdered a few days after your mom commited suicide" He said and hugged me. My mouth parted open. I didn't know how to feel. Just because, I hate my dad doesn't mean I'm not sad that he's dead. My throat went dry. "They told us to take you to the police station asap because they both left you a few things" He said with a sad look. I opened my mouth to say something then I just nodded. "When are you coming back?" Asked Josh and stared into nothing "I don't really know" I said and sighed. "Ohh, please come home, things aren't the same without you, everything's so... Dull" He said and raised his eyebrow at me. "Josh..." I started and he cut me off "Please" He begged. I groaned and rolled my eyes "Josh I Swear I'll be home soon" I said and patted his shoulder "Can you at least tell me where you're staying?" He asked. I shook my head no and got up off the park bench. "Well, I'll see you soon stay safe kiddo" He said and hugged me. I smiled and nodded. I walked away leaving Josh there on his own. I made sure that he didn't see where I went so I took the long way to Matthew's house. I walked in and a wiped a tear threatning to spill. I saw Matthew come down "How'd It go?" He asked then he saw my face and went up to me and hugged me. "They're both dead" I coughed out and a few tears fell. "Your dad died?" He asked and winced. I nodded and he hugged me tightly. I dug my head into his chest. We let go "Want something to eat?" He asked I nodded in response "Stay here and watch some TV while i make food" He said and kissed my forehead. I thought about it and tour was soon so I would go home tomorrow. Soon enough Matthew came back with food I smiled. Sadly I knew I'd have to leave this all tomorrow.