Chapter 16

"Give me your hand," Jackie gasped, feeling movement under her Alexander McQueen.

Kate grinned, offering up her left hand, clad with Diana's engagement ring. Jackie firmly pressed her best friend's hand against her ever-growing baby bump.

Reacting to the pressure, Jackie's unborn baby gave a firm kick. Now 26 weeks along, the baby was about the size of an ear of corn, and its kicks felt less like the flutter of butterfly wings and more like a firm poke. Everyone, from Kate, to Harry to the children, was thrilled to feel the movement of the baby. No one more so than Jackie, though. Each movement her miracle child made caused goosebumps to rise on her skin. Just a few months ago, she was barren. And now, a little angel was moving and growing and changing each day.

Kate beamed as the baby moved under her hand. "Wow! It's really moving in there! Has it been keeping you awake?"

Jackie shook her head. "Not yet. I remember when George and Mary Kate didn't let us get any sleep -- the twins were even worse! It was like they were in a boxing match all night."

"I don't miss that," Kate admitted with a laugh.

Back when the activity of her babies had kept her up all night, Jackie had felt Kate's same annoyance. Now, after losing Patrick before she'd ever gotten the chance to feel him kick, and thinking she'd never carry another of her and Harry's children, Jackie didn't care if she didn't sleep again for the next 14 weeks. She treasured every little poke and prod.

It was July , Kate and Jackie, co-patrons of the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club (Wimbledon), were attending the women's singles final match. Serena Williams from the US was taking on Angelique Kerberos of Germany. Jackie and Kate tried to attend every match they could since becoming patrons in 2013, but found it quite difficult to appear regularly while juggling their children and other royal duties. Jackie was looking forward to a few hours of adult time with her friend.

Chris pulled the Range Rover to a stop at the curb in front of Centre Court, home of the exclusive Royal Box. Jackie and Kate climbed out to the applause and cheers of onlookers and paparazzi. They gave quick waves to the cameras, Kate leading the way inside.

The Duchesses were greeted by the organizational committee, including the President of the club, Prince Edward, Duke of Kent -- Queen Elizabeth's cousin

The Duchesses were greeted by the organizational committee, including the President of the club, Prince Edward, Duke of Kent -- Queen Elizabeth's cousin. Jackie and Kate spent Royal Family holidays with the Duke, so they greeted him with pecks on the cheek before they were escorted to their seats in the Royal Box.

The television announcer's voice could be heard over the speaker system. "Ladies and gentlemen, Their Royal Highnesses the Duchess of Cambridge and the Duchess of Windsor have entered the Royal Box."