Patrick Kane Imagine

You had heard Patrick on the phone the other day talking to his mom. He mentioned that he wanted to marry you and he was thinking about proposing for your anniversary which was two weeks away. You loved Patrick and would be more than happy to marry him, but you were terrified because when you were younger you had gotten sick and the outcome meant that you couldn’t have any kids. He knew about it, it was one of the first things you told him when you guys started getting serious, but you still felt like he deserved better.

You were sitting on your bed thinking about what you were going to do. Before you knew it there were tears streaming down your face. You didn’t even hear Patrick get home from practice until you heard his say your name and rush over to you.

“What’s wrong, Y/N?” He said panicking.

You just shook your head as you cried harder. Patrick engulfed you in his arms and held you tight. He pulled you up into his lap and started stroking your hair, “Baby, what’s wrong?” He asked quietly.

After a while you had calmed yourself down enough to say, “I’m not good enough for you.”

Patrick immediately tensed up, “What are you talking about?”

“I can’t give you children. I can’t do the one thing a woman’s body is supposed to do. You shouldn’t want to marry me. You should marry someone who deserves you.”

“Y/N. I can’t think of anyone else I’d want to marry.” He said making you sit up and look at him.

“I’m broken, Patrick. Don’t you understand? I’ll never be able to give you babies. If you marry me you won’t have your own kids. There isn’t going to be a little boy with baby blue eyes and blonde curls running around. I can’t stand not being able to give that to you. I’m not worthy of you. I’m just a weak, broken woman.” You said as you started to cry again.

“Look at me. Now.” Patrick said in a startling tone. You look up at him and his eyes were red and brimming with tears.

“Don’t you ever, ever, talk about the woman I love like that again. Do you understand me? She is not broken, she is merely damaged. I am not worthy of her, not the other way around. She may not be able to bare my children, but that sure as hell doesn’t make me love her any less. She is the strongest woman I know. The things she’s had to overcome and the hardships she’s been put through have made her one of the strongest women I could ever know. Don’t you dare insult her.” He said sternly.

“I love you, and I want to marry you. Children or not. We have options. I’m willing to adopt. I’m willing to do anything you want to because you are the only one I will ever want to marry. Understand?” He said in a softer tone now. Pulling you close and kissing the top of your head.

You held onto him tightly nodding your head yes. He held you close and whispered how much he loved you in your ear. After you had calmed down you looked up at him and he smiled at you. With that smile you didn’t feel so broken anymore. Patrick had put you back together after all these years.