Brendan Gallagher Imagine

“It feels like you’ve been gone forever.” You said as you hugged the pillow on your lap tighter.

“I know, baby. I’ll be home soon, my love.” Brendan said to you through the computer screen.

“I really hate when you leave like this.” You said, trying to keep the tears from spilling out. You would do that later when you were laying in yours and Brendan’s bed alone tonight.

“Baby, don’t cry. I’ll be home tomorrow night. I love you so much.”

That made you smile. You shifted on the bed a little. Brendan grabbed his phone and was messing around on it. After a few seconds of Brendan playing on his phone yours buzzed beside you. You picked it up and saw it was a text from your boyfriend. The message was actually a link to a YouTube video. You clicked on the link and it started to play the song The Girl by City and Colour.

I wish I could do better by you,
'cause that's what you deserve
You sacrifice so much of your life
In order for this to work.

While I'm off chasing my own dreams
Sailing around the world
Please know that I'm yours to keep
My beautiful girl

When you cry a piece of my heart dies
Knowing that I may have been the cause
If you were to leave
Fulfill someone else's dreams
I think I might totally be lost
You don't ask for no diamond rings no delicate string of pearls
That's why I wrote this song to sing
My beautiful girl

ooooo ooo ohhh ohh oh oh

One, two, one two three four
I wish I could do better by you
'cause it's what you deserve
You sacrifice so much of your life
in order for this to work

While I'm off chasing my own dreams (my own dreams)
sailing around the world ('round the world)
Please know that I'm yours to keep
My beautiful girl

And when you cry a piece of my heart dies
Knowing that I may have been the cause
If you were to leave and fulfill someone else's dreams
I think I might totally be lost

But you don't ask for no diamond rings (Diamond rings)
No delicate string of pearls (String of pearls)
That's why I wrote this song to sing
My beautiful girl

ooooo ooo ohhh ohh oh oh

But you don't ask for no diamond rings (Diamond rings)
No delicate string of pearls (String of Pearls)
That's why I wrote this song to sing
My beautiful girl.

You only got half way through the lyrics before you started crying. After the song had ended you looked up from your phone and back to the computer screen. Brendan was sitting there with the biggest smile on his face.

“I love you so much, Y/N, do you know that? You’re my beautiful girl and I can’t explain to you how thankful I am that I get to come home to you. I go away like this, and I know it’s hard on you. I know that I break your heart and make you sad when I leave. I love how you love me enough to let me leave and let me chase my dreams, but you are always there for me when I get back. I couldn’t find anyone else who I’d want to come home to. You never complain. You never leave, and I know it’s hard and I think if I were you I wouldn’t be able to stick around. I wouldn’t put up with all this crap for me, but you do and I just love you so much.”

At this point you were crying because your boyfriend was so sweet. He was right, it was very hard on you when he left. He would leave to go play hockey for a week at a time sometimes. Although it was hard, he was right, you’d never leave. You loved him too much.

“I love you, Y/N. And I can’t wait to see you tomorrow when I get home. Get some rest though, okay? It’s late.”

“I love you, too.” You said with a smile on your face as he put his hand up to his mouth and blew you a kiss through the computer. You returned the favor and said goodnight as you closed the computer and snuggled into your big bed. You fell asleep with a smile on your face knowing that you’d be able to snuggle up to Brendan in just a short time.