Brandon Sutter Imagine

Although you were sad the Pens were out of the playoffs you were excited because you and Brandon were on your way to Cuba for a nice vacation with just the two of you. You fell asleep on the plane ride and before you knew it Brandon was shaking you gently and whispering in your ear that you were landing soon.

By the time you got off the airplane and got settled at the hotel and unpacked what you wanted it was starting to get dark.

“Can we take a walk on the beach?” You asked him as you looked at the view from your hotel room balcony.

“Sure, babe.” Brandon said standing behind you with his arms wrapped around your waist. He leaned in and placed a kiss on your neck as your head fell back onto his shoulder.

“Let’s go.” You said before things got too out of hand. You heard Brandon groan as you walked away.

You laughed and said, “Don’t worry, babe, we’re here for a whole week. They’ll be plenty of time for that.” You winked at him.

He smirked at you as you both walked towards the door to leave the hotel.

Finally you made it to the beach and before the sand started you stopped to take off your sandals. You loved the beach and one of your favorite things was the first step into the sand. Your foot touched the warm sand as it squished between your toes and you were instantly happy.

You and Brandon walked down by the water and occasionally laughed when the waves would wash up and over your feet. The sun was setting and the sky was orange and pink. There was a slight breeze that made it just comfortable enough. Only a few beach goers remained. Mainly people who were packing up to leave.

Brandon grabbed your hand and you were walking and slowly brought it up to his mouth and kissed it gently, “I love you.”

“I love you, too.” You smiled over at him. “Thank you for all of this.”

“You deserve it. After working so hard this year at school and having to put up with my crazy schedule. I’m so happy I can do this for you. I can make you happy.”

“You make me happy. I don’t need fancy vacations or crazy gifts. I just need you.” You said sweetly as you gently nudged him with your shoulder.

Brandon laughed, “Well, thanks, but I love to give you nice things. And let me say, this beach you picked out is not too bad.”

You both laughed. Brandon wanted to go skiing instead of going to a tropical island, but since you were planning it you got to pick where you guys went.

You guys walked down the beach until you reached the pier and then turned around to walk back towards your hotel.

“Hey Y/N…” Brandon said as he stopped walking and turned towards you.

“Yes?” You looked at him quizzically.

“There’s something I have to ask you.”

“What’s up, babe?”

“Alright, well, you are by far the greatest person I have ever known. You look at life like no one else does and you think everything has beauty and you yourself are the most beautiful thing that anyone could lay eyes on and I want you to know that you are the most important person in my life.” Brandon put his hand in his pocket as he leaned down on one knee.

“Brandon.” You said, having a hard time catching your breath.

“I know you said you don’t like crazy gifts, but I hope you like this one. Y/N, will you do me the honor of being my wife and best friend forever?” he finished, showing you a gorgeous diamond ring.

You put your hand over your mouth and stared at the beautiful ring that had to be worth more than you have ever made at your crappy part-time job. Tears were forming in your eyes as you looked from the ring to Brandon’s smiling face. You nodded your head up and down, “Yes. Of course I will. Oh my God.” You said leaning down to kiss him on the lips. After a few seconds of sweet kisses Brandon pulled away and grabbed your left hand as he took the ring out of the box. He carefully put it on your finger and it fit perfectly. He stood up and you immediately wrapped him in a tight hug.

“Best vacation ever.” You said in his ear.

“I’m glad you like it.” He whispered back. You felt him smile against your shoulder as you hugged him tighter.

At this point it was almost dark and you could only hear the waves lapping up on the shore. You continued to walk towards your hotel as you held your hand in front of you looking at your ring and still trying to process what just happened.