Corey Crawford Imagine

Good luck, baby! I’m sorry I can’t be there! I miss you like crazy! You sent to Corey’s phone. You were deployed in Afghanistan and you weren’t supposed to be home for another month, but you ended up getting out early and you wanted to surprise your boyfriend Corey. The Hawks had a game tonight and you were going to walk out during the national anthem.

Thanks, babe. I miss you more. Only 27 more days. <3 you read from your phone and smiled.

A few minutes later you heard, “Are you ready, Y/N?” from the guy who was taking you out on to the ice.

“Yep.” You said with a smile on your face and butterflies in your tummy. You walked out towards the ice and you heard the announcer say the singer’s name and you knew that you were up next. You moved so you could see Corey as you heard,

“Please join me in welcoming Y/N Y/L/N, who was recently deployed to Afghanistan, onto the ice.”

Corey’s head immediately snapped up at the sound of your name and he ripped off his mask to get a better look. You walked out into the roar of people. You smiled and waved, but then your eyes went straight to the other end of the ice, close to the goalie net. He stood there stunned for a few quick seconds and then he started racing towards you. It looked like he was doing an exercise in his speed training. You stood on the edge of the carpet and waited for him to get to you. It was a matter of seconds before you felt him pick you up and spin you around on the ice.

You yelped in surprise and started laughing as he continued to spin you.

“Hey, baby.” You said smiling at him.

“What are you doing here?” He said in disbelief with a huge smile on his face.

“I got to come home early and I wanted to surprise you. Surprised?”

“Best surprise of my life.” He said as you brought your face to his to kiss him for the first time in months. He brought you back over to the carpet and set you down on it. It was then you realized that the entire arena had gone silent. Every one was watching the two of you. All of a sudden the roar of people began again, this time cheering for you and Corey. You laughed and was amazed at how crazy it sounded. Corey still had his arm around you as he admired the crowd in a silent thank you.

“Alright, now that that sweet moment is over let’s get back to hockey!” the announcer said amused.

You laughed and kissed Corey once more, “Go kick their asses, babe! I’ll be watching!”

“You got it, beautiful.” He turned to skate away. He made it about 5 feet away from you before he quickly turned around and skated towards you.

“Yes?” You said looking at him.

Without saying anything he hugged you tightly and whispered into your hair, “I’m so happy you’re home. I missed you so much.” He gave you one last squeeze before winking at you and skating back to the net.